Searchable Approved Dealer Database - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2005, 9:06 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Searchable Approved Dealer Database

Hey,

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get everyone to input their favorite service dealers across the country? Before we travel, we could pull up the info on those kind folks that we would most love to limp in to when we are away from home and need some repairs. Kinda like our own Good Housekeeping seal of approval? I dunno, it would be nice to roll in some strange shop and say: K-Bikes.Com sent me. Don't know how hard that woud be to make a searchable database as I am a computer moron. Just a crazy thought. Cheers.

My dealer by the way is Irv Seaver in Orange CA. Chris is the service dude and they have been great to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 6:06 am
Throttle Jockey

BMW North America has the searchable data base. I guess everyone could reply to this thread with their favorite dealer and we could compile a list.
My submissions would be:

Razee Motorcycle Center
730 Tower Hill Rd. - U.S. 1
North Kingstown, RI 02852

Max BMW Motorcycles
209 Lafayette Rd.
North Hampton, NH 03862

BMW Dealer Search:

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/zipDea...ator/index.jsp
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 12:14 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Smile

Thanks Rickd, good idea.

As I said, mine is:

Irv Seaver
607 West Katella
Orange CA
714-532-3700

servive mangager: Chris Dyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 12:34 pm
Throttle Jockey

O.K. for everyone who would like to recommend your favorite dealer, reply to this thread with the dealer's name, city & state, and I will compile a list and put them in a sticky thread at the top of this forum.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 12:40 pm
"Hey Y'all"

here ya go ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickd
......dealer's name, city & state,......
Touring-Sport BMW Ducati Aprilia, Greenville, SC. 864 232-2269
http://www.touringsportbmw.com/
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 1:21 pm
Statmaster

Quote:
dealer's name, city & state
El Jeffe's Approved List of Dealers.

BMW of North Dallas - Plano, TX (George and Ken are worth their weight in gold as mechanics)

Lone Star BMW - Austin, TX (Denise has everything, and if she doesn't, she can drop ship it to you from her suppliers)

Rhine West Performance - San Antonio, TX (not an official BMW dealer, but Hank is a magician)

BMW of San Jose - San Jose, CA (Chris is an artist when it comes to BMW performance)

Mac's Cycles - Clarkston, WA (Helped me out in the middle of a 7,000 mile trip and WASHED THE FRIGGIN BIKE WHEN THEY WERE DONE!!!)

Big Sky BMW - Missoula, MT (dropped everything they were doing to get me in to reset my ABS when it was misbehaving - and didn't charge me for it)

BMW of Salt Lake City - Salt Lake City, UT (brought their entire service staff to the Curve Cowboy Reunion - LT rally - and offered to fix my bike and trailer it to Salt Lake and back at no extra charge since they didn't have the tools with them to fix a rear main seal leak and replace a clutch in the parking lot at Jackson Lake Lodge)

I've got a longer list of dealers I wouldn't let touch my bike or do business with period. But we won't go into that here.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
O.K. for everyone who would like to recommend your favorite dealer, reply to this thread with the dealer's name, city & state, and I will compile a list and put them in a sticky thread at the top of this forum.
Max BMW gets a good mark from me - but for the NY store (north of Albany, little north of Troy) - haven't been to the NH location. The tech staff as well as Max himself and his brother (operates the NY shop) are 1st class. So far I haven't heard one complaint - there must be some, but I don't know about them yet. I do know a lot of other satisfied folk - including a friend whose bike crapped out after service by another dealer a few weeks ago - Tony at Max's put it right and made sure all was covered by warranty including 75 mile tow. Max himself sponsors lots of rider activities - weekend rides, events at the stores and track days.

Hermy's in PA did me good after a Bambi attack. (Hooved rat made the wrong choice attacking a K12RS. Wife watched from her bike while I cut through the beast and kept trucking down the road. Bike stability - not rider ability.) Bike was rideable and Hermy's was the closest dealer. When we got there, they immediately examined the bike, helped me get the ins adjuster in to approve repairs, ordered parts and started the work. My wife and I were treated very well - they let us use any demo bike in the shop while they worked. Within 2 days they had the $5k of repairs done, arranged for the ins to pay them directly (I put the deductible on a card.) and we were back on the road. That's my only experience, but was a good one.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 7:39 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs up long beach bmw motorcyles

add bmw long beach long beach,ca gina in sales,bruce and gary plus the service techs are all great.VERY GOOD service at the right price.parts guys are the best !

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2005, 8:55 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Hey Rickd,

You Da Man for taking this on. Many thanks. Is there a way to direct folks where to post there favorites when they visit the sticky? Seems like you can't do it directly from there cause it is closed. Might help. Jest meddling again. Cheers. Fastjohnny.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2005, 6:13 am
Throttle Jockey

They can post their favorites in this thread or start a new thread with their comments. I want to keep that thread closed, so it will remain tidy.
And... your welcome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode