Irv Seaver, Orange, CA - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Irv Seaver, Orange, CA

My '07 GT is beginning to make the dreaded clutch noise, so I took it in to Irv Seaver this morning for them to look at. I'm going to be out of town for all of next week, so it was an opportune time to leave it.

Watched Brian Bell and Will Saunders wheeling bikes out to the parking lot to start the day. Kidded Jim O'Brien about his Santiago riding pants (same ones I was wearing). Talked to Joe Palomba, looked at pix of his girlfriend and his dogs. Joe took the time to go back in the back and bring out a GT clutch to show me what it looks like inside and how it functions. Smiling/friendly people, nice to talk to. I truly enjoy going in there every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2010, 1:20 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

I tweaked my back (actually, it hurts down in my left butt, and when I extend my left leg it feels like I'm pulling something), so after son and I came back from the rally in San Diego a few weeks ago my bike was filthy and I couldn't even get on it, much less clean it. It needed tires and a service, so I called up Irv Seaver in Anaheim. I was talking to the service manager about my plight, and he told me they would come pick it up, do the tires and service,and store it until I could ride it. I went after it this morning, a week later, and not only was the service and tires done, it was detailed. Spotless. Better than I could do it. Spent some time talking to the service manager about his broken scapula (!), and some time BS'ing with the mech who brought out my bike. Nice guys, all of them. It's always a pleasure for me going in there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2010, 8:55 pm
Veteran

I agree Chuck, they are one of the better ones in California. I've had great luck with them even when I didn't have an appointment.

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2010, 6:14 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Back after repainting

Got the bike back from Irv Seaver Motorcycles in Orange County, CA. They've got a painter on tap now who is a real maestro. After my recent fall on my Yosemite trip, the right main fairing panel, the right case lid, and the front piece that surrounds the headlight needed repainting. It took two weeks from the day I rolled it in until I rode away, but it was worth it. For any of you in this area who need paint work done, this guy, whoever he is, knows how to do it. You can't tell one side from the other.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2010, 1:58 pm
Addict

Well, you are correct in every respect.

I went to Irv's to get my 06 tires and oil, plus a re-check of the brake repair i had just paid 100's to get fixed at another dealer about 5k miles ago.

The bill was looking to be 7-800 minimum but could run another few bills depending on the brake problem. I figure it was just some adjustments but...

hemmed and hawed for awhile, sales and everyone else helping me out for a couple hours deciding if i wanted to fix or ride new, or maybe used.

they had two really nice k1300s's there, one 09 that was used but had great accessories on it and then the brand new one on the floor (blue/white/black colors), loaded.

sold my honda valkerie today in pheonix, traded my 2006 blue/white K12S in and I'm back to owning one bike now.

what a diff in all respects from the K12S. amazing machine. And most importantly, I'm back to spending money on tires/oil changes instead of a constant maintenance stream.

I spent that money on a new rainsuit and some accessories I needed.

The K12S had 89K miles on it by the way, they were all laughing at me at the dealer when they were appraising the bike, I think they turned it off twice to recheck the odometer, I was watching just to get a laugh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode