BMW Tri-State in Trouble? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 9:00 am Thread Starter

BMW Tri-State in Trouble?

Just read Pirate's newsletter and saw that BMW Tri-State may be closing also. I certainly hope this is just Pirate endulging in too much holiday cheer. Tri-State has always been there for me and treated me well. Anyone from that area have more info?

Say it isn't so.

Blchandl2
'00 R1100RT
'04 K12RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 12:33 pm

See this thread in Bike Talks...post number 1 may be Jerry's source.

Randy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 3:38 pm
Looking for better limits...

Nope...not too much cheer in this case.
Posted in Bike Talk

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 9:32 pm Thread Starter

This just plain sucks. When Indy closed it was a minor loss (caught them in several lies, ghost service performed, etc). Tri-State is a huge loss. They were good people! I would rather ride 160 miles one way to Tri-State than 50 miles to Indy. I wonder if Ft. Wayne is closing also? Savoy, IL?

May have to sell my '04 RS due to lack of dealer support.

Blchandl2
'00 R1100RT
'04 K12RS
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2006, 3:30 pm
Addict

Blchandl2,

Sit tight before listing your ride - I think there's a new dealer in the works which may be open sooner rather than later.....

I'll let the group know something as soon as I hear.....

See ya!
alow

2003 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue) (Fast)
1982 Honda MB5 (Not So Fast)
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2006, 6:31 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blchandl2
This just plain sucks. When Indy closed it was a minor loss (caught them in several lies, ghost service performed, etc). Tri-State is a huge loss. They were good people! I would rather ride 160 miles one way to Tri-State than 50 miles to Indy. I wonder if Ft. Wayne is closing also? Savoy, IL?

May have to sell my '04 RS due to lack of dealer support.
Savoy is quite open for years to come.

Jack Hawley
MOA #224
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Opening where? Cincinnati I hope.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2006, 6:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by alowishus
Blchandl2,

Sit tight before listing your ride - I think there's a new dealer in the works which may be open sooner rather than later.....

I'll let the group know something as soon as I hear.....

See ya!
alow
Where will this new dealer be located??? Cincinnati, Ohio I hope.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2006, 11:49 am

Response from BMW USA about TriState BMW closing

This is the Response I recieved from BMW Motorrad USA about TriState BMW closing.

Thank you for contacting BMW Motorrad USA and sharing your concerns about BMW Motorcycles of the Tri-State closing. It is only through direct feedback that we can improve and make a difference in our services, policies, and customer satisfaction levels.

We regret to confirm that this BMW Retailer will soon terminate or has already terminated business. BMW Retailers are independently owned and operated, and are therefore responsible for the operation of their business; as well as for meeting BMWs operating guidelines. In addition, we are unable to prevent a retailer from closing their doors if they choose to do so.

BMW Motorrad is dependent on qualified investors being interested in franchise opportunities in your area and as such; our Retail Development Group is actively seeking investors in these markets.

In the meantime, please visit our website, www.bmwmotorcycles.com and select the "dealer information" link on the homepage. This will access the retailer locater feature so you may find the nearest authorized BMW Retailer to you. To ensure the feature works properly, please be certain you do not have a pop-up blocker enabled when using the feature.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-800-831-1117 or by email at: [email protected]. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Regards,

Casey Roach
BMW Customer Relations and Services
BMW Motorrad USA
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Went buy Tri-State BMW in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday and there open again till the end of the month. They said there may be a new owner soon but not sure as of now. There not giving a discount on anything, bummer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode