BMW/Harley Davidson, Louisville KY - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 5:42 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up BMW/Harley Davidson, Louisville KY

Took my unwashed '07 K1200GT to these folks to perform a 12,000 mile checkup, change all fluids, all computer updates, recalls, annoying brake pad light, etc...

As soon as I arrived, they wheeled her to the back where another guy commented on checking out a few recalls (there were 2.) As a technician, I felt my bike was in good hands. Five days later, they were finished and she was ready to be picked up.

When I arrived, the bike was WASHED and all shiny!! They just moved their location in with the Harley shop; they weren't dicks because I didn't drive a Harley!! They also had a nice selection of bikes, so I had to leave ASAP otherwise I may have had to pick up an 800ST.

It was my first experience with a BMW dealership and I was very pleased. They followed all of my instructions (I am an ex-military officer, this is important to me) and the price wasn't too bad either.

Thanks to the guys at BMW/ Harley Davidson in Louisville, KY. Your new place looks great, the service was excellent, and I am quite happy to spread the joy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:57 pm

,,,,,,,,,,,"Five days later, they were finished and she was ready"... ...???.I am hoping that you were too busy to pick it up rather than them taking 5 freakin days for service to be complete.....

,,,,,,im just sayin.....

kbikeinbc
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2011, 1:22 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

I dropped my bike off on a Saturday; no appointment or anything. Just here I am , this is my bike, here is what I want done, call me when you're finished. They called me on Wednesday before noon to tell me it was ready. So really, it was much faster than five days. I shouldn't have counted the weekend. As a service technician myself, if a customer isn't willing to cut an additional check for $1,000 for weekend work, he isn't going to see my happy face until Monday. The fact that they are open on the weekends is a service to me and I am grateful for it. I didn't have to take a day off of work (as I do when going to the dentist).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2011, 12:15 pm
Rookie

I agree with you on the shop. I've been very happy in my dealings with them.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2011, 5:05 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

I went back to the dealership to purchase a quart of oil for topping off in between oil changes and to pick up a new Boulder jacket. Turns out that the oil they put into my bike is discontinued and they are not able to get any more. I put the jacket back on the rack and walked out.

Disappointing.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2011, 8:43 pm
WPV
Noob

K1300S Purchase

I recently purchased a 2011 K1300S from this dealer. I live in the Tampa area. James Davidson was the sales person. Most of the details were arranged by email. He picked me up at a hotel in Louisville when I was passing through there for one day in order to finalize the sale. He took good care of the sale even though I was out of town and gave me a good deal on a Schuberth helmet. The dealership allowed a friend of mine to pick up the cycle for transport to Florida, and had the low seat and centerstand installed earlier than quoted to allow the pickup to occur. I couldn't be happier with the process.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 8:50 pm
Riding in company

They followed all of my instructions (I am an ex-military officer, this is important to me).....

?

As a service technician myself, if a customer isn't willing to cut an additional check for $1,000 for weekend work, he isn't going to see my happy face until Monday.

??

I went back to the dealership to purchase a quart of oil for topping off in between oil changes and to pick up a new Boulder jacket. Turns out that the oil they put into my bike is discontinued and they are not able to get any more. I put the jacket back on the rack and walked out.

???

I can't wait to read your next post.

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode