Personal Dealer Experiences - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 7:04 am Thread Starter

Unhappy Seeking advice on dealer problem

It's a shame there's not more activity on this thread, as "dealer stories" are common to us all, and this would be an ideal place to find advice on how to deal with dealers who don't deal fairly.
I am having problems with a dealership that has done shoddy work, replaced parts that shouldn't have been replaced, refused to honor what is obviously warranty-related work, and kept my bike for extremely unreasonable amounts of time (in excess of four months), and given me "we don't care" attitude as well. This dealership has done some things that would make your jaw drop in disbelief.
I do not know what to do at this point anymore, I'm searching the yellow pages for consumer attourneys, but before I go into war mode with these guys (they still have my bike), I'd like to solicit some sound reasonable advice from people in this community who have had to battle dealers before. Alternative avenues of recourse, strategies, important documentation, anything that could help me. Dealing with them directly has not been productive, and I think part of the issue is a "we'll show you" stance on their part.
Feel free to pm or email me directly if you need more particualars, as I don't want to rant the rather lengthy list of mistakes or publicly identify the dealership before this gets resolved.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 9:59 am

You didn't mention whether or not you have contacted BMWNA. I have several friends that have contacted BMWNA about a variety of issues and have gotten some action/interest from them. It's probably fair to both you and the dealer to see if they will mediate or correct your disputes before you start spending a lot of cash with attorneys. FWIW!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 10:44 am
Enthusiast

Unhappy

If we new your location, perhaps there are others that are near you and have advice. Sorry you are having a bad time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 12:34 pm Thread Starter

If you knew my location, you'd know which dealership. Since they read these boards, they'd know who the unhappy customer is, and my situation with them could go from bad to worse. I also feel it would be in bad taste for me to publicly identify the dealership before this gets resolved. I'd just like to hear some strategies others of you have used with success in dealing with difficult dealers out in Anywhere, USA. I apologise and hope you can understand my position.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2006, 7:07 am
Veteran

Personal Dealer Experiences

It's to bad that BMWNA doesn't rate their dealership by the number of complaints/compliments, instead of the number of units sold..if they do it's not publicly known. I know what I do..I praise the dealer, that I do business with, on every BMW M/C web site I frequent and ignore the one that in my opinion shouldn't even be a BMW M/C dealer 'cause of several bad experiences.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2006, 10:04 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabooTreats
I am having problems with a dealership that has done shoddy work, replaced parts that shouldn't have been replaced, refused to honor what is obviously warranty-related work, and kept my bike for extremely unreasonable amounts of time (in excess of four months), and given me "we don't care" attitude as well. This dealership has done some things that would make your jaw drop in disbelief.

I do not know what to do at this point anymore, I'm searching the yellow pages for consumer attourneys, but before I go into war mode with these guys (they still have my bike), I

Thanks for your help!
Fook'em. Arm yourself with an attorney and go to war.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2006, 10:14 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabooTreats
If you knew my location, you'd know which dealership. Since they read these boards, they'd know who the unhappy customer is, and my situation with them could go from bad to worse. I also feel it would be in bad taste for me to publicly identify the dealership before this gets resolved. I'd just like to hear some strategies others of you have used with success in dealing with difficult dealers out in Anywhere, USA. I apologise and hope you can understand my position.

I'm not sure how much worse it could get, sounds pretty bad already. I feel for you. I had a situation with a repair shop years back that wouldn't release my car, and hadn't done the repair for 3 months. I had to bring in an attorney. It didn't go past the letter stage, but it was resolved. Pain in the ass...and the wallet. I second the idea about BMWNA. Let them know your details and that you need help as a loyal brand consumer. Sometimes the big boys are eager to iron it out. Worth a shot. Keep us posted.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2006, 8:28 am
Addict

it seems to me if the dealer in question reads these boards they've already figured out who you are regardless if you tell us your location. maybe it's a good thing that they know your unhappy but from what you've described i would guess they already know you're unhappy and could care less. i would call BMWNA like others have suggested and if you don't get immediate satisfaction i would go to the dealer and get my bike and take it elsewhere. if poor service has been an ongoing problem why have you continued to take your bike there for service? if you get poor service and continue to take your bike there for service all that tells the dealer is it's OK to mistreat you. the interent is a wondefule tool and it might be a good idea to let everyone know who this daler is. no dealer wants bad publicity so posting the dealers name might get them in gear to resolve whatever issues you have with them
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Personal Dealer Experiences

I don't know where you are from but in Connecticut you can get D.M.V. involved they usually get a pretty quick response. BMWNA may slap there hand but D.M.V. can fine them or revoke or suspend their repair liscense.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 8:49 am

Some nut case in Albuquerque last summer took a gun and killed a couple of dealership employees....didnt really bother me that much...I think He went to the wrong dealership though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode