Irv Seaver Motorcycles, Orange, CA - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2006, 12:22 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Irv Seaver Motorcycles, Orange, CA

Kudos to Irv Seaver again. I had a minor crash, and over the next couple of weeks the service manager called me with updates as to when the fairing panel was getting painted, when the parts had come in, etc. Picked up the bike yesterday. The paint work is first class. My bike had been detailed and looked like a showroom-new machine. The service manager rode it home for me, with me leading in my car. Everyone in the shop is always friendly to me and calls me by name. I like those guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 9:59 am Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Talking

And a refresher.

Gee, how time flies. I wrote this first post when I still had my K1200RS. Thinking back, I've bought four bikes from Irv Seaver. The first was a Suzuki 650 inline four with shaft drive (I don't like chains). That bike was bulletproof. I commuted on that bike back and forth to MCAS El Toro when I was serving my twilight tour in the Corps, then sold it to my son and he rode the shit out of it while he was in his last year of high school. Then years later I bought a new R1200RT from them, then the RS, and now the GT.

Well anyway - I had the brake pad wear indicator red light with 9300 miles. Took the bike in yesterday, joshed with the guys, walked down the street for a sandwich, and when I walked back my bike was sitting out front. No muss, no fuss, no problems. I truly enjoy going in there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 9:46 pm
Veteran

Same here.

Good experiences with them.

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 11:34 pm
Enthusiast

I've done business with them before the freeway move forced them to a new location and they became a BMW only dealer. Every issue I've had with the bike or the service was always taken care of first rate.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2008, 3:33 pm

I beg to differ

My experience with them was quite negative. This info is now going on eight years old, but this what happened to me. Bought a new R1100R in 2000 late Saturday afternoon, and they couldn't complete the bike setup until Tuesday. I couldn't get back until the following Saturday, so no big deal. Although they had a week, they did not have the bike ready when I showed up midmorning the following Saturday. Finally, 2-3 hours later, they finally turn the bike over to me and it ran like crap. As I headed to the freeway I backed off the gas to enter the onramp, and the motor died, once on the freeway I was subjected to really bad surging at steady speeds or having the bike die anytime I rolled the throttle back, ON THE FREEWAY. I went back and got told by the service manager that "they all do that, that it was because of all the emission requirements, blah, blah, blah.) Incidently, this genius rode a Harley.

I then went to Brown BMW in Pomona and they were able to reduce the surging and completely eliminate the dying. But still the bike still didn't run right and I constantly had to work the clutch when splitting lanes in commuter traffic on the freeway.

Finally, I went to the now departed Marty's in Torrance. and it took them about 10 minutes to adjust the fuel injectors. Once this was done it was a whole new bike. It has been 8 years and I haven't forgotten or forgiven their incompetence and I won't have anything to do with them except bad mouth them every chance I get. Incidentally, more than a couple of times I witnessed other highly pissed BWM owners come over to Marty's after Irv screwed up their bike, so I know that mine was not an isolated incident.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode