BMW of Omaha. Any Info? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2006, 6:02 pm Thread Starter

Angry BMW of Omaha. Any Info?

I recently put a new engine in my '98 krs and in the process I upgraded to the '02 bells and whistles. Through the installation of my new servo assisted abs brakes my computer stored an error code for the abs. Now till the dealership can get me in on thursday of next week, I am riding around with a blinking abs light.

From what I understand clearing a fault code isn't rocket science. and doesn't take long. The first time I talked to the service manager (Richard) he told me they charged 1 hour labor to do this ($70). I called a few out of state dealers and they said they charged from $10 to $25. I called back and explained this to Jim (real nice guy) because Richard had already taken off for the day, and he said they would charge a half hour. I can live with that.

The first time I ever dealt with Richard (Rightfully Named) I asked him about bleeding a servo-assisted brake system and he seemed clueless or he didn't care in the slightest and definitely didn't want to help me. Both times I talked to him it seemed as if I was bothering him.

If anyone knows of a dealer that is fairly close to lincoln NE. let me know. And if anyone has had a similar experience with this Omaha store let me know. Or maybe its just me and I'm a pain in the ass, I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2006, 9:23 pm Thread Starter

BMW motorcycles of Omaha

I Guess their aren't many people on this site from Omaha or they don't have much to say or don't have service work done??

Anyway. I finally had my bike plugged in to the diagnostic computer and it was actually a good experience. Richard (service manager) actually looked away from his computer long enough to have a conversation. They only charged me the half hour rate like they said and gave me the info I needed to repair my bike. (no extra charge) That is really cool because I do all my own service so I can actually afford the bike and all the riding gear and accessories that go with it.

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode