Dealer change in Connecticut - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2006, 1:25 pm Thread Starter

Post Dealer change in Connecticut

Heard this first from a Harley guy that Canton Cycle is selling the BMW piece to Grengras in East Hartford. Confirmed this today when I was at Canton Cycle. All the T & C's are not complete, but looks like a November time frame.

Just a FYI for those in the Connecticut area! I like the folks at Canton Cycle so not sure how this will turn out, but on the plus side it will put a dealer much closer to where I live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2006, 10:59 pm
Enthusiast

I heard this as well. Is Canton still going to do anything with BMW? Will they do service on them after the sale? Not that I would bring my bike to them just wondering. I think that this sale will be the beginning of the end for Canton. They have a couple other lines I think Triumph and Victory. I don't know if they can survive with less. I know BMW is difficult on the dealers as far as how they like the dealer to operate. AJ's Cycle in Gill, MA is still a BMW dealership but BMW must hate this. AJ's is a very small shop that has not followed the BMW path of new designer stores. They have a following that keeps them in business. They are very customer friendly. Several times I have been there and only had a credit card and their credit card machine was off line. Allan would give me the parts and ask that I mail him a check. No one does that. It is to bad that more and more BMW dealers are closing. It appears that many owners can not make a living selling Beemers alone. And it appears that BMW sure does not like the multi line setup.

Bruce
Easthampton, MA
07 K1200S
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Dealer change in Connecticut

Canton will be signing an agreement not to work on BMW or Triumph. That is part of the sale. Jury still out on Gingras. I know people that have H.D. and it's about 50-50 as to being happy or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Clueless

Thanks for the heads up! I have been a fan of BMWs and a customer of Canton Cycles for quite some time. The downfall of Canton began when they lost John at the parts counter. I will certainly miss the Canton team, especially Ralph. On a positive note, it will be much closer to my house as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode