A & S Cycles...Good report - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 11:05 am Thread Starter

A & S Cycles...Good report

I recently placed an order with A & S Cycles. There was a problem with getting the order shipped to me in a timely fashion. Details don't matter . What matters is I called them, they listened, resolved the problem, and I had my order at my door the next day.

Good service deserves to be noted. Thanks A & S!

"Lord, Be Kind to Me....the Sea is
So Big, and My Boat is SO Small"

2002 K12RS
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2007, 1:32 pm
Looking for better limits...

Had a good experience with them as well.

Needed a headlamp assembly, as the one I had was cracked, and I couldn't (or so I thought) keep a low-beam bulb in it. No one locally (relative term) had one, and the wharehouse had one on backorder (meaning it has to come from the Fatherland). "Yes, we have one. We can ship it to you" "Nah, I'll come get it. Besides, I need some miles after missing a week of riding (commuting doesn't count, and I was itchin' after THCR). Box was sittin' right there on the floor with my name on it.

Obviously not something most dealers would stock, but nice to know there's one reasonably close that stocks the odd stuff.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2007, 6:21 pm
edz

sounds like calling is the way to go. emailed several times with basic product questions and got prompt responses acknowledging my email but incomplete responses which did not answer my questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2007, 1:20 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edz
sounds like calling is the way to go. emailed several times with basic product questions and got prompt responses acknowledging my email but incomplete responses which did not answer my questions.
I've found the same to be true. Last one got assigned some number and they'd get back to me later. Never happened. Sometimes they've provided me with parts they say will work but don't (e.g. different model which "Should work").

I agree. Call before ordering, if for nothing else just to clarify on the order.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2007, 7:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by edz
I've had EXCELLENT service from A&S via email. I won an A&S gift certificate at the Airheads event in February, didn't get around to using it until this month. When I tried to use it the cert wouldn't go through, I emailed them and quickly received a reply that it appeared the cert had expired--so they removed the expiration. It took another couple of weeks before I had time to get back to their web store and was able to use the cert. A&S is very active in the BMW community overall and it seems like they are always donating things to rallies here in the west. Good folks, in my book.

GTRider
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2007, 11:35 pm
Noob

BMW of South East Michigan

This is a nice shop with lots of bikes and accessories and a knowledgeable owner. Most importantly, however, is that I am able to speak directly with the techs that work on my bike and they always take the time to explain in detail the work they have done. I have had a few warranty repairs, and they listen to my description of the symptoms, acknowledge my concern, identify the problem and do the warranty work with no questions asked.

Also, BMW SEM has great food at their open houses! On the whole, a good shop that is rider/customer oriented.

Peterh

2005 K1200S (Awsome!)
2002 R1150RT (nearly perfect)
long impatient pause....
1976 Honda CB750K
1972 Yamaha 350 R5-B
1970 Honda CL 350 Scrambler
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 4:17 am
Veteran

Thumbs up

I have had several good experiences starting with the purchase, completion of all warranty work including efi updates without resistance, balancing a couple of tires for free, great help at the service desk and parts.

i think the thing that i was most impressed with is that i usually make last minute appointments and they always manage to get me in a day and i've had a couple of ride in services. One time i wrecked, had the bike towed there, and they fixed it and it was ready in 2 days. their scheduled service prices are reasonable especially compared to what i have heard others pay at other dealerships.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode