BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas Experience - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2006, 5:33 pm Thread Starter
Addict

BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas Experience

I am visiting Vegas to see my brother. I have the coordinates for all the dealerships programmed into the Garmin so finding this one was easy. I was interested in a heated jacket by Gerbing and a rental of an RT so we could do some canyon riding. The dealership is under new ownership since about March of this year.

The store is pretty spacious. The dwellings were clean and well organized. There was an abundance of gear on display every thing from boots to jackets, helmets, gloves, and many other motorcycle accessories. The owner, Peter Vanderhooft, greeted us at the door and was very informational and friendly. He knew all about the line and was simply a nice guy. There was no push in his speech nor did I ever feel pressured.

I picked out a jacket and talked to Peter about the rental which we did a few days later.

The day of the rental we drove to Bryce Canyon, about 250 miles or so from the dealer. Day 2 of the rental, we drove Bryce and then Grand Canyon and got some good driving and photo ops. Due to stuff we had to do the next day, we wanted to return the bike Thursday night but we were running late. I called the shop and inquired as to their regular hours they indicated they were open until 6 p.m. I offered doubt about making it by then but Erik, the guy on the phone, agreed to stay until 7 to accomodate me.

My brother was riding my '04 GT for the trip and I was on the RT. When we got back to Vegas we had to part ways so that he could get to school on time and I was going to return the bike to the dealer. Bro was going to pick me up after class and then we would climb mt. Charleston the next day.

So much for planning! Bro had the GPS and I am very poor with navigation. Making things more difficult, my cell phone was dead. I thought I could get back to the dealership but the first few tries proved me wrong. I drove a few more routes having elimited most plausable locations (vegas is big, no?) and finally arrived at the store at 8:15 p.m.

Who was there to greet me but Peter, the owner!! He was genuinly glad to see me and we had a nice long chat about the ride and the whole experience of the bike. He urged me to take the bike down the street to refuel to save me a few bucks while he filled out the paperwork. I got back and we chatted about life in general for about another 35 minutes or so, the guy was just a good natured human being.

My bro arrived shortly thereafter and saw the interesting chat going on. He grabbed me firmly by the elbow as another story kicked off and said "bro, it's 4.5 hours after closing, let it go..."

We all had a good laugh and we parted ways.

If you get out to Vegas, this store is worth a visit. Peter and co. will take very good care of you.

Pic is of the bikes the 2nd morning in Utah. Temp was 24 degrees!!

Best,

Gravity
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cold bikes small.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	3658  

Last edited by Gravity; Oct 13th, 2006 at 5:34 pm. Reason: Added propper store name
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode