BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2006, 9:23 pm Thread Starter

BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland

What a great experience with this service department. Bruce, the service manager, actually picked me up from my home (he lives in my city) and took me to the store. I was able to drive my bike home. The bike had it's 12k service and they replaced a bad battery for me. Great job fella's! I would suggest anyone in NE Ohio to use them for parts, accessories, service, and a new/used bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2006, 7:41 am
Addict-oholic

Ted, what bike do you ride? Add this to a signature line on your posts. This is a great site to share information on everything related to all of our bikes. thanks for the report.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2006, 9:42 am

Thumbs up I bought my 2006 K1200S...

...at BMW of Cleveland. Bruce seems very helpful so far. He did a great job of installing my centerstand, bags, throttlemeister, and Nav III. We talked about getting the final drive oil changed and he advised that I should wait until I need tires in order to save some bucks on the procedure. He seems to have the customer, and their wallet, in mind.

Given the luxurious nature of the dealership I did not expect anyone there to worry about customer costs.

Now if I can only get him to travel to my home in Strongsville when I need a ride.

Good Luck and let's hope for a short winter. (Actually I'm still riding!)

Chuck V. ('06 K1200S, granite grey, the FASTEST color)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2007, 8:03 am
mws
Noob

My dealings with BMWOC

1) brought the bike in for service when they first opened up, and told them to put new Z6's on it. Charged me $100 over on the rear, front was in line price wise. Not including mounting and balanceing. I guess I shoulda gotten a quote.

2) Wife bought a BMW cover for my 04 GT, at "25%" discount. 2 weeks later at another dealer, same cover, $35 dollars cheaper, not on sale!

3) In January I was in asking their recommondation on replacing my shocks. I gave them a chance to make a buck, but was told go ahead and order them online, and they will install them. This was about the time Klaus was having issues with Wilbers, so I asked Bob the parts guy if he or anybody there know about Hyperpro's, no one had. I went with Hyperpro. Was just told they will not install anything you didn't buy there. I talked to the owner about this, and after some song and dance from him he told me he would do me this one favor!

4) They are now an Avon dealer, and I have a rear with a nail in it, and need to replace front and rear tires, I'm on the phone with the owner about #3, and the owner suggested that I call Avon about their roadside hazard program!

Glad you guys have had good results there, but I for one have taking my bidness elsewhere!

Mark
04 KGT
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2007, 8:31 pm

I got a good solid hosing at BMW of Cleve. I went there as they are a Columbia Motowear dealer to order some pieces for my Motogear. I was quoted 12 bux per item. I called Columbias 800 number (I didnt know I could order direct) and was quoted 5 bux for the same item....I wont go back.

F

05LT
07GT
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2007, 8:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws

Glad you guys have had good results there, but I for one have taking my bidness elsewhere!
+1 Got hosed on some parts I ordered. Found out they charged me 140% over retail....a bit pissed to say the least.

F

05LT
07GT
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Beware: BMW of Cleveland!!

1. I bought my '06 k12 R in early '07 and the owner wouldn't budge on the price.

2. I asked to have the stock wheels swapped with a set of sports from a KSport on the floor and even offered to pay for them and the labor. No can do says owner.

3. I ordered a ProRace leather suit and was measured for the jacket, pants, and gloves. When I went to pick up the bike, the gear had come in and NONE of it fit. All too small.

4. I took the bike home in the back of my truck and unloaded it at my house. After a long day of bullshit I just wanted to go for a ride and relax. Strapped on my new Shoei Multitech, put the key in the ignition, and hit the starter. Nothing. They forgot to charge the battery. So I pushed the bike into the garage. Hooked up my trickle charger and went inside to make a drink.

5. Almost 4 weeks later my gear came in (when it only took them 5 days the first time) I received a call from the dealership telling me that they were charging me to ship the gear. So I had to shell out over $30 to get the gear they screwed up in the first place. (i took the same box to my UPS and they quoted me at $18 to ship it.

6. After three days of riding the fuel gauge went bad. They told me to bring it back so they could check it out. But I would have to bring it in twice. Once to make sure that was the problem, another time to actually fix it. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive to the dealership so needless to say I never called them back.

I had the gauge fixed at European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh (in wexford). As well as my subsequent services. The bike was new when I bought it but has nearly 5000 miles on it presently. I haven't had any serious issues and if I ever do, believe me I'll go no where near BMW motorcycles of Cleveland.

Chris
'06 K1200 R
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2008, 8:46 pm
Rookie

Service Mgr

Picked up a 06 kgt from PI, had spoken to Bruce via phone to get background on bike. Met him at dealer on 5/24/06 and it was his last day, he was moving to another dealer in Cleveland. Great guy

Raymond
2006 K1200GT
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2008, 9:20 pm

the best bmw motobike service in the cleveland area can be found at...

http://www.sillsmotor.com

owrstrich
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by owrstrich
the best bmw motobike service in the cleveland area can be found at...

http://www.sillsmotor.com

owrstrich

+1

Bought both of my bikes there, service is outstanding - Bruce from BMWMOC is now their service manager. Good people, good prices, no BS.

F

05LT
07GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode