San Antonio Dealers? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2006, 9:07 am Thread Starter

San Antonio Dealers?

All,
Back from Germany, I'm hunting reputable dealers. The appearance of the dealer in San Antonio is a little daunting and I'm a little worried. It's a very small dealer and I'm not sure if they're K1200S trained or not. Am I just being paranoid? Lonestar in Austin is booked out two weeks but if I have to I'll go there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2006, 9:19 am
Addict

Give Rhinewest a call. They're located off Broadway north of 410. Great group of guys and they do good work. And, yes, they are the makers of the Performance chip for the LT.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2006, 7:24 pm

dealer in San Antonio

Do a check on the Alamo BMW club and try to find a rider there to talk to about the dealership. In 2003 I purchased a new GS Adventure from them and had a great experience. They have the look of a "mom and pop" motorcycle shop-like many of the BMW dealerships of old. I can't vouch for their mechanics, but if the store is owned by the same folks who owned it in 2003, their customer service was/is outstanding. Might not hurt to call and ask them and see what kind of response you get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 6:02 pm
Addict

Thumbs up Alamo BMW

Actually, if you look in the back of the shop, you will find their other business, which is prepping sports cars for SCCA racing.

I never had a serious problem with my 2002 K1200RS, but Pete always did my mechanic work, which was basically 12 & 24K service. He even installed my Rhinewest chip for free.

You cannot judge a dealership's wrenching by the appearance of the shop. Some of the nicest and best equiped shops in the country have gone out of business.

It's the mechanic, not the shop.

Ken Bowen-Retired MSF RiderCoach

Kerrville, TX

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart, Ride Home...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode