Australian needs International Help re Parts - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 3:41 am Thread Starter
Noob

Australian needs International Help re Parts

I own a 2000 model K1200rs Mandarin/Fjord ( Chequers) it fell from its stand on 12th October 2006. The left fairing was damaged in the fall, the insurance assessor advised that the fairing, and the mandarin front guard should be replaced with painted parts from BMW to ensure correct colour matching. Well as of 17th April 2007 the bike remains in the same damaged condition as BMW Australia, through my local dealer claim that they can still not give an expected delivery date for the painted panel.

I have been to the dealer, I have phoned and emailed BMW Australia, I have emailed Germany, none of them will get me a result. I have contacted my insurer and requested that they consider a cash settlement so that I can try and source the parts myself, which they are considering.

My final exasperation came on Thursday 12th April 2007 after I had been contacted by BMW Aust who suggested they send a grey panel to the local BMW Car repairer, and that I take my bike there for colour matching. When I arrived the repairer thought they were going to be painting a pannier, when I showed them the panel, mandarin and fjord they checked the package that they had received. I asked them if the chequered decal and the 2mm silver striping was in the package. Upon opening the package it was found that a right hand grey primered panel had arrived, not the left side.

After 6 months I have become disheartened. I wondered if anyone reading this post could tell me if it is true that BMW Germany can not produce the part in 6 months, or even tell me when it could be delivered. Alternatively can anyone tell me where else I could source the panel.

I like my bike, which is why I have kept it but I hate BMW Australia. They are only concerned about selling new bikes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2007, 11:25 am
Addict

Looks like you're going to have to just grit your teeth and play along. I ordered a painted side piece last year from Chicago BMW (good prices, but seems to not stock a lot of things) and it took about two months to get it. I placed an order for a shift lever at the end of last month from the same outfit, and it still hasn't arrived even tho my credit card has been charged.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2007, 5:43 am Thread Starter
Noob

Can you tell me what colour the painted peice was that you ordered and in what colour, I am trying to work out what their problem is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2007, 8:48 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
Can you tell me what colour the painted peice was that you ordered and in what colour, I am trying to work out what their problem is.
BMW calls it a "left trim panel" and the color is "Nachtschwarz" (Night Black). (46637661199)

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode