Accessories List - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 6:04 am Thread Starter

Red face Accessories List

Since the R forum is almost the least active forum, I might as well try and post something to get some action in here. So here goes...

Can you guys post what accessories you have your K1200R and where (store/url) you got them from?

The idea is that this site can create an accessories page, or at a minimum, I can do it on my website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 3:26 pm
Rookie

I was able to mount a set of R1200GS hand guards for winter use with a minimum amount of modification.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 4:04 pm
Just saying hey

Pics, por favor?
TIA
Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:30 pm

I thought about this the day after I bought my R. Pictures would help. But more importantly, a description of the modification necessary to accomplish the installation.

Thanks,
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 2:17 pm
Rookie

If you buy the kit, you get new mirror mounts that have an extention where the inboard part of the guard is screwed down. The modification that must be done involves the aluminum ring that clamps the outer end of the guard. Because the bar end weights that the GS uses are completely different and use a large bolt with a tapered shoulder on it, the aluminum ring to fasten the guard there has a taper that fits into the end of the bar end weight. That taper needs to be ground off, so the plastic hand guard is sandwiched between the aluminum ring and the K12R bar end weight. The bolts for the weights will be too short, so they need replacing. You also need a washer to center the bolt in the taper on the outer edge of the aluminum ring. It may sound more complicated than it really was. With the kit in front of you it's pretty clear. I'll take some pictures, but it may be a while before I can get them onto this forum. The part number for the kit is 71 60 7 687 859.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 2:33 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. In your opinion, will a Throttlemeister work with your combination?
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 3:09 pm
Noob

Anybody know where I can fount this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K1200R.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	902  
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 3:17 pm

If you are talking about the bellypan, there is one on ebay from Germany for $239.00.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 3:19 pm

Odd Mods

Well, don't flame me alot for these two mods:

1) Mounted an R1150GS luggage rack to the grab rails- long screws and a small bit of drilling to the rack got all four holes lined up and solidly torqued. I can use it flat or put the BMW 35 liter Top Case on there. It is useful for camping trips on the go to and return trip. In between, while we are out sporting, the case serves as a really effective beer cooler with ready refreshment when we return.

2) Tried the R1150R Speedster Screen (blue tint, bigger than fly screen/smaller than sport screen) and again, lined up the four mounting holes with those on the screen. Had to purchase longer M5 bolts and spacers, but it works. Unfortunately, the buffeting around the side is worse than with the baby screen and the wind hits my chinbar rather than my neck. And I've been told it looks a little round peggish and square holish.

So functional and possible but not recommended.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 9:02 am Thread Starter

Here is my list of aftermarket items to date. I will also be putting up photos/install instructions on my page at http://www.ekrad.com soon.

Rizoma Zero Turn indicators http://www.rizoma.com/fr005a.html $271.80
Rizoma Circiut 851 Mirrors http://www.rizoma.com/bs010a.html TBD
HID low beam from ebay $179.00
Shift peg extention http://piratesk12site.net/PegSlow.htm $39.00
Fiamm Blasters Horns http://piratesk12site.net/horn.htm $45.00

Next: Pack-parts Tank skins, etc:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode