BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

To All K1200R, R-Sport, and K1300R Owners:

167K views 443 replies 312 participants last post by  kuder58 
#1 · (Edited)
I checked the survey section of this forum, where buried with all the other surveys is a 'Which BMW Do You Own?" questionnaire. According to those results, there are/were just a few dozen of us K12R/Sport/K13R owners on the K-Bikes forum. Hard to believe, but I'm assuming most of us never responded because we didn't see that post in that other section of the site.

So, how about if we find out how many of us there are now with a more direct and current survey?

Just hit "Post Reply" and type in which bike you own -- maybe even give us your first name. No, my name is not "PrivateAxis" and I'm pretty sure his friends don't call him "OX-34" -- though maybe they do. Thinking about it, I'll bet Jocke's friends DO call him "The Joker". Maybe if it's odd enough, you can tell us where your avatar username came from. Mine is the canine antagonist of a story I wrote many years ago.

Anything else you want to say is great, but mostly I'm just trying to give us an idea of how many of us are out there. Thanks.

I'll start: John. '06 K1200R.

#8 ·
I'm John, 2006 K1200R, 18767 miles, two air filters and a LeoVince carbon can.
I work on volvo's for a living and own two Volvo R's
One for sale though.

#10 ·
Jocke KTM SuperDuke R 2008 :D But I did have a 2005 K1200R, and at the time I bent it beyond recognition it had some 18,000 miles on it.
When I was some 5 or 6 years old my dad's colleague called me "Joker". About 20 years later I went on IRC as "Joke". Then my now-ex's grandad called me "Joker" again, out of the blue. "Joke" didn't really work on forums, so I started using "TheJoker". Hohum! :p

#17 ·

K1200R '06
Factory: sport -wheels & panniers, ESA, heated grips, Speed shield (removed at the moment), etc...

Mods: ACS bellypan, rear hugger, Vario levelers, Stebel Magnum horn, San Jose BMW crash-pads, Pack Parts Carbon Hand protectors, HotCam II (Laser Stealth)... and something else not worth of mentioning

Misc: ABBA superbike stand

Replacements:
2009: new driveshaft** , new ball-joints (upper and lower), new Laser Stealth*
2008: upgraded chain tensioner, new right pannier* (after i have dropped one at 80 km/h)
2007: upgraded air intake-system* (fixing high idle syndrom)

*)no costs: warranty
**) paid only for work

#23 ·
Scott. 06 K1200R. Few mods - R&G Sliders, wunderlich plate holder, sport windshield, Leo Vince Titanium, Evo filters, PCIII. Bought new in 08 for a steal, currently have 12,548 on the odometer. Shares time with the wifes ducati, the triumph T-Bird Sport and the GPZ 750 Turbo. No real problems so far - had the cam chain tensioner replaced, rear brake lever work done, and swapped out the crankshaft sensor as well. Awaiting the shifter upgrade from JCW. With the exception of a possible paint job, I have no plans on any other mods. The bike runs like a beast and I couldn't be happier

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.