Throttlemeister Weights - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2010, 12:35 am Thread Starter

Throttlemeister Weights

I am considering purchasing a throttle lock for my bike and was wondering what you chose for the weight of your bar ends. Throttlemeister gives an option when you purchase.... anyone have a preference and a reason? Or should I go with someone other than Throttle meister? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2010, 1:46 pm

The Wunderlich superbike handlebar conversion and throttle locks were on my bike from the start, installed by the dealer. I did not like the aluminum throttle lock for several reasons, but the technical problem was there was no vibration damping from the lightweight bar ends. I went to the Kaoko lock and a stock bar end for the left side and I'm very happy. The color is right and the mirrors work better.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2010, 4:15 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromy
I am considering purchasing a throttle lock for my bike and was wondering what you chose for the weight of your bar ends. Throttlemeister gives an option when you purchase.... anyone have a preference and a reason? Or should I go with someone other than Throttle meister? Thanks!
Dunno, but the Heavy Duty (heavier model) Throttle-M's are being group-buyied by the S1000RR group to quench some vibes off the S model. The S doesn't vibe much at the inner portion of the grip, but at the ends it does.

I have some on order and may be here in a week or two. I'll let you know if they quench the vibes much if that's want you want them for.

I'm looking to replace the ugly - but working - CrampBuster thing on the S grip since you cannot shake your right hand out without the thing tossing you over the front end when you let go of the grip. Maybe the T-M will fill the ticket and quench some vibes too?

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Enthusiast

i purchased my bike used and it had the TM on it. i don't know what weight they are, but i don't have any vibration in the bar ends. the TM for holding the throttle at a rpm, it's ok, but not of much use to me. i've tried it a few times and i live in a pretty rolling area of terrain, i'm weird about holding a steady speed...maybe some would say anal. nothing other than driving steady in the left passing lane, erks me more than following someone that cannot hold a steady speed, anyway, off on a tangent, the things work especially if you live someplace flat or just want to annoy goofs like me

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Will Durant

2006 K 1200 R
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2010, 2:18 am Thread Starter

Tm

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvor
i purchased my bike used and it had the TM on it. i don't know what weight they are, but i don't have any vibration in the bar ends. the TM for holding the throttle at a rpm, it's ok, but not of much use to me. i've tried it a few times and i live in a pretty rolling area of terrain, i'm weird about holding a steady speed...maybe some would say anal. nothing other than driving steady in the left passing lane, erks me more than following someone that cannot hold a steady speed, anyway, off on a tangent, the things work especially if you live someplace flat or just want to annoy goofs like me
Want to be rid of those things??? PM me if you do...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode