Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Linthicum Heights, MD, USA
I have also painted my windshield. It is really simple;
1.Go to lowes and in the paint section you will find scotch brite pads, pick up a low abrasion pad.
2. Pick up a rattle can of whatever color spray paint you like
3. go home and use the scotch brite pad on the INSIDE of the windshield. This is important, it will allow you to still have the shiny look to the windshield, as well over times when bugs hit the windshield it will not chip the paint. Look at the pictures posted by PrivateAxis and you will see his is done like this. Then look at Speed_King pictures and you will see his paint is on the top.
4. after scuffing up the INSIDE on the screen, make sure it is cleaned. Water and light soap works as long as you dry it fully.
5. Tape the outside of the screen so that you dont get any over spray on the front.
6. Apply light coats for a even finish, allow the paint to become tacky between coats, it does not have to be totally dry to recoat. Apply about 4-5 light coats then allow to fully dry.
7. Install, gawk at your DIY mod, post pictures on this site and thank everyone haha!
2008 K1200R: Custom Paint, Laser Hotcam Exhaust, Aftermarket Headers, Sargent Seat, Sargeant Passenger Seat, Sargent Pod, PowerCommander V, PowerCommander DynoJet Quick Shift, Dual Map Selection Switch, After Market Racing Pegs (Driver and Passenger)- Shift Lever-Brake Lever, Garmin 350LM Mounted GPS, Fork Mounted Moto Lights, Throttlemeister, Side Stand Enlarger......... Did i forget something??