Sadly Breaking My K1200R - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2013, 9:07 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Sadly Breaking My K1200R

Due to a recent low side which ended up with me and my bike briefly inspecting the underside of the back of a lorry and the subsequent engineers report writing the bike off due to frame/engine damage. I have decided to break the bike for spares etc and sell on the good bits.

It was an ESA equipped bike and the original colour was sunny yellow, it currently carries a vinyl wrap at the moment. Most of the bodywork is intact and in good order as the bike had R&G crash bungs/bars.

Anyone who wants/needs spares at reasonable prices please ask. The engine did sustain damage to the cam cover and head and one of the cams is knackered but the rest of the engine is very good including the pistons, crank, clutch, gearbox, engine cases etc.

When I get a moment I will photograph the bigger bits and list. I had also just fitted ohlins front and rear so these are available. Pic shows the bike as it was just before the accident although I had also just fitted SW Motech crashbars which took a knock but are still in good condition and also available.

If anyone is after parts/spares please let me know and I will come back to you with costs etc.

As mentioned it did have a few goodies on it as well including:

Remus Titanium Short Powercone - Link pipe has a grounding mark and can has a few scratches but great sound and good to go

Ohlins front and rear in very very good order, miles better than ESA and I loved the ESA system.

wunderlich number plate tidy

fibreglass powercup style seat cover and bellypan

HP2 Sport brake and clutch master cylinders

Power Commander USB (can supply 2 x custom maps)

2 x evoluzioni air filters (cleanable as per K & Ns)

Black Sato rear sets
(needs new gear change side footrest and hanger), brake side perfect as is the gear change linkage etc. These are a major improvement on the standard setup and get rid off the sloppy linkage once and for all.

Cordona strain guage GP switch quickshifter and PQ8 Combo harness
Listed to fit the S1000RR but fits on the K1200R/S perfectly plug and play without cutting etc. Better than stock quickshifter that allows for that perfect setup for both road and track.

Ilmberger Carbon Rear Hugger

Sargent Seat and Pod - rear pod was damaged in a track accident but has been repaired ready for paint

Boxer-Designs Peco Clutch slave crash protector

2 x Brand New BMW Front brake discs

PM me for details etc. The bike is located in the UK and so I will only sell the larger bits to UK/Europe members due to the postage nightmare of sending to other destinations...sorry.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 1:42 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Noob

Damn, sorry to hear. If you were in the US I'd probably buy most of your setup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 2013, 5:55 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Sorry not sure how to edit my original posting, please see the following for an update on costs for some of the listed parts etc.

Remus Titanium Short Powercone - Link pipe has a grounding mark and can has a few scratches but great sound and good to go

Ohlins front and rear - £800.00
(in very very good order, miles better than ESA and I loved the ESA system. Selling for approx
half the cost of a new set).

Wunderlich number plate tail tidy - £50.00

Fibreglass powercup style seat cover and bellypan - £150.00

Power Commander USB (can supply 2 x custom maps) - £175.00

2 x Evoluzioni air filters (cleanable as per K & Ns) - Sold

Black Sato rear sets (needs new gear change side footrest and hanger), brake side perfect as is the gear change linkage etc. These are a major improvement on the standard setup and get rid off the sloppy linkage once and for all.

Cordona strain guage GP switch quickshifter and PQ8 Combo harness - £350.00
Listed to fit the S1000RR but fits the K1200R/S perfectly plug and play without cutting etc.
Better than stock quickshifter that allows for that perfect setup for both road and track.

Ilmberger Carbon Rear Hugger - £150.00

Sargent Seat and Pod - rear pod was damaged in a track accident but has been repaired ready for paint

Boxer-Designs Peco Clutch slave crash protector (was only on the bike a day!) - £37.00
Better than the R&G one as it covers the clutch cover fins etc

Rear Brake Caliper - Sold

PM me for details etc. All parts exclude the postage/shipping costs which I can advise on when someone is interested etc.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2013, 5:35 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Ohlins - Sold
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2013, 3:06 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Updated Cost - Due to brain fade I had mis priced this item so have reduced the cost accordingly!!

Cordona strain guage GP switch quickshifter and PQ8 Combo harness - £250.00
Listed to fit the S1000RR but fits the K1200R/S perfectly plug and play without cutting etc.
Better than stock quickshifter that allows for that perfect setup for both road and track.

Postage extra dependent on service used etc.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 6:15 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Boxer-Designs Peco Clutch slave crash protector (was only on the bike a day!) - SOLD

Cordona strain guage GP switch quickshifter and PQ8 Combo harness - SOLD
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2013, 9:37 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Fibreglass powercup style seat cover and bellypan - SOLD
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2014, 7:02 am Thread Starter
Rookie

[FONT=Arial]Remus Titanium Short Powercone - Link pipe has a grounding mark and can has a few scratches but great sound and good to go

Ohlins front and rear - Sold
(in very very good order, miles better than ESA and I loved the ESA system. Selling for approx
half the cost of a new set).

Wunderlich number plate tail tidy - Sold

Fibreglass powercup style seat cover and bellypan - Sold

Power Commander USB (can supply 2 x custom maps) - Sold

2 x Evoluzioni air filters (cleanable as per K & Ns) - Sold

Black Sato rear sets (needs new gear change side footrest and hanger), brake side perfect as is the gear change linkage etc. These are a major improvement on the standard setup and get rid off the sloppy linkage once and for all.

Cordona strain guage GP switch quickshifter and PQ8 Combo harness - Sold

Ilmberger Carbon Rear Hugger - £150.00

Boxer-Designs Peco Clutch slave crash protector (was only on the bike a day!) - Sold

Rear Brake Caliper - Sold

Still have many more parts available including good radiator, wheels with tyres, rear sub frame, tank, oil tank, rear swing arm, rear discs and drive unit, coil packs lots more please ask away if you need anything
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2014, 5:53 pm
Noob

Is that Ilmberger hugger the KHO.101.K130S.K ? un-marked? I may be in the market for one shortly..

(sorry to hear about the off, I saw the corner of a carelessly driven mini late last year and couldnt breathe too well for a fortnight, so I dread to think what the back of a lorry felt like!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode