Coolant engine -big concern- - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2013, 2:21 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Coolant engine -big concern-

Hi folks,

I am writing to ask for advices that help me to solve the issue i have filling in the system with coolant liquid.

Yesterday, i had to dismount the radiator in order to reach the coils and have installed the quickshifter CPU's harness properly.

Once i finished the installation, and re assembled all the things in, i tried to fill in the system with coolant liquid trough the reservoir tank but the system just allowed to fill in the half of what bleeded before. Naturally,there is air within the system, so i started the engine, without the reservoir cap on, to make it run the liquid through the system and get the air out, but nothing happened. I opted for to close the reservoir cap, and go out to make the fluis run. Few minutes later, engine temperature raised up dramatically (i did not allow to get to hot stopping the engine to get cold). This morning i removed the reservoir cap to fill in the system, but it seem to be full (which is not).

I have read that the only and right path is to use a vaccum bleed pump to get out all the air bubbles. The thing is i have no that pump at this moment and now i have my bike waiting for the coolant :mecry: .

There is an alternate method to bleed the system out and fill in it without air bubbles inside?.

It will not work to loosen the bypass circuit bleed plug and run the engine to allow air bubbles get out?

Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Engelbert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Addict

Well, since you are asking in the k12/13 section i'm guessing that is the bike you are asking about. With the slant4 motor one has to vacuum bleed the system. The Brick motor was not as difficult. You have to have a dealer or dependable independant bleed the system.

Marin Phil
2013 K13S-Anniv ED
'06 K12GT Blue of course!_Sold-too many problems
'05 Ducati 999-My Italian Mistress_sold and missed
2004 K12 GT-Orient Blue-the new me.-Sold
about 30 before that but too old to remember them all..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:21 pm

It isn't difficult, but you will need a small vacuum pump like is used for brake bleeding, Mityvac or similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:56 am
Veteran

Coolant change

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showth...hlight=Coolant

If the link doesn't work, search the forum for coolant. I think JCW has done more to his bike than any BMW tech even has.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode