Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: e. peoria, il, usa
I fixed mine a few month ago, it took about 3 hours.I found the how to do it posting on I-bmw forums. the posting was in the slant 4 bikes , technical Q&A , stickies.Although I didn't have a GS 9 11Code reader to find out what the fault was, I figured it was probably the brushes on the motor sticking since many people have been having this problem. the brakes work fine for a few months and then I got the brake failure light again. The second time I fixed it , it only took about an hour,because when I put it back together I had drilled and tapped the pump housing and bolted to the motor to the pump instead of peening over the aluminum tabs.
There is also info on Module masters , a company than fix it with a warranty.