Help Requested - New to me K1200r s - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2018, 9:05 am Thread Starter
Noob

Help Requested - New to me K1200r s

Hello Everyone,

It has been a long time since I have been on this site. But, I have always liked it. I have had a dream, since 2005, to own a K1200R. I had originally acquired a K1200LT and then an R1200RT, which I have owned since '08 and have put roughly 80,000 miles on it. I figured it was time to stop riding it so much or I would have an increase in my maintenance cost. So, I set my sights on buying another bike. And what did I choose, you may ask? Well that is obvious, right?

Yes, I found an obscene deal on an '07 K1200R Sport. I could actually afford it !!! Got it. It is in great shape with 37K on it. Runs well, recently had the 36K service done at BMW of Denver. I actually rode that bike for the first time yesterday. Yes, I am in love !!!

Now to my issue. The only thing I found wrong with it, was that the headlamp warning was on. So, after I bought it, I found out that the owner previous to the owner before me did a botched up job of putting an HID kit on the bike. The lowbeam bulb had blown. When I got in there, I found a rats nest of wires and then began to dismantle the rats nest. I had no choice but to cut wires and remove the existing bulb. So, I figured, once the H7 gets installed again, the code would go out NOT. !!!!!! So, we removed the high beam bulb, etc. Then, while attempting to install another H7 bulb for the high beam, the bulb suspension spring came out from behind the screw that holds it. So, now I have no high beam (no big deal as long as I am not riding at night). I attempted to loosen that philips head screw that holds it in place. Because there is so little clearance, it is virtually impossible to put that spring back in (at least it didn't break as it did on my RT). So, now, I must dismantle the fairing to get to where I can actually work on this thing. But, I need instructions on how to do that.

Can someone please provide me with or direct me to a place where I can find those instructions? My only option is to bring it to someone and have it done.

Since I do not know how to dismantle the fairing, I didn't want to open a larger can of worms. So, I have done the following:

1) Taped all the wires so nothing would short
2) closed up the high beam door so that there were no wires exposed.
3) Nothing else yet.

I know plenty about working on my '05 RT, but this is new to me.

Thank you for your help. If you would like to contact me directly, I can always be reached at [email protected].

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k12r_1.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	23687   Click image for larger version

Name:	k12r_2.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	23689   Click image for larger version

Name:	k12r_3.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	23691   Click image for larger version

Name:	k12r_4.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	23693  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode