Risers - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2018, 8:39 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Risers

Hey guys, what are some things you do to make your bike a little more tolerable for longer rides? What do you think about handlebar risers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2018, 9:12 am

Garage
Buying Risers kinda means you bought the wrong bike. The GT would be the bike to sit you up straight. The thing about aftermarket risers is they look like shit and they don't do anything for your foot position which is the other half of the equation.

I'm 71 years old and recently circumnavigated the entire US on a K 1200 S. After the 1st 500 miles I was fine. What will continue to bother you is the stock seat. Those beaded covers will help a lot with that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Noob

Heli-bars

I have heli-bars on my R and they are great! About a 1 rise,stock cables and discreet. They alter the riding position only a small amount but take enough pressure off my neck and back to make riding easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode