Any Differences between model years - K1300R Dynamic? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2019, 11:32 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Any Differences between model years - K1300R Dynamic?

Hi All

Newbie here. Ex K1600 owner, and currently with a R1200GS, looking to add a K1300R to the garage.

Iím planning to look at two bikes here in the UK, both have around 14k miles on them, and both are Dynamics. One is a 2011 for sale with a (non BMW) dealer, the other is a 2013 private sale, but with BMW extended warranty, there is around £1300 difference in the asking prices.

In terms of the model years are there any differences between the two, or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 1:19 am

Garage
The big difference was with the 1200 to 1300 jump. The 1300 had fixes for just about everything the 1200 needed and more. After the advent of the 1300, it remained pretty unchanged accept for Special additions which were mostly paint and trim and I think they continued to tweak the clutch into later years . I realize you may like the looks of the R but actually, it was the weakest offering of the lot and the sales reflect that. The R kept the servo assist where the S never had it. The headlighting is the weakest of the bunch and you will only get 1 little air cleaner where the S gas 2. They didn't quit selling Rs in the US with the end of the 1200s for no good reason. The S version is also the fastest of the 3 with the weight reduction of the fairingless R version being completely negligible.

I think the most valuable of the K-bike model run would be a '16 1300 S (last year) if you can find one. One of those might almost constitute an investment. I'd bet the last year with the nice Akropovic exhaust and beautiful forged wheels holds its value pretty well.

BTW,
Are you aware of what they did with that 1600 six calendar motor to get it in that frame? They had to reduce the bore diam. to the point that it's actually an "Under Square" design (Stroke is longer then the Bore is wide). They quit that shit in the '50s with the last of the Straight Six Packard's and DeSoto's. That's what my Great Aunt Dagny drove. %^)

Tags
dynamic, k1300r

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode