BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Brake fluid reservoir

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Sodak 
#1 ·
Hi All

Minor traffic incident with an insane pedestrian resulted in my front brake fluid reservoir gently rolling down the road. Cracked at the base so replacement required. Frustratingly, BMW will only sell the entire brake lever unit at a spicy price. Anyone know of or can provide a replacement that fits the stock port?

Cheers
Sean

#2 ·
Hi Sean, best option might be to track down a tidy used front brake assembly from a wrecker/breaker yard. I did a quick check and it seems the part is not compatible with the 1300 S which is a pity although the reservoir itself might be. Also, you will need to be year specific when hunting a part as the MAX BMW parts fiche shows three different part numbers for the same item. I am new to the 1300’s having been on a K1200RS for many years which is a totally different beast so don’t have a lot of specific info on these bikes. I also had a look at Motobins and James Sherlock for secondhand parts in the UK but nothing there, and nothing at Beemer Boneyard in the States either although you can back order with them. Maybe a smaller local parts shop can help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.