K1200 R quick fuel disconnect snapped off on outside of fuel tank - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2020, 11:50 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K1200 R quick fuel disconnect snapped off on outside of fuel tank

Hi , so I rode to the servo to fuel up this morning and when I parked the bike fuel was leaking onto the ground .
I pulled the tank to where I could see where the fuel was leaking from . It was coming from the where the disconnect screws into the tank not the connector itself.
I pull the tank right out and tried with fingers to unscrew the female disconnect from the tank and it just fell/snapped off .
I can buy a new one here https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/pr...t.htm?CartID=1
But I need to get the thread part out of the tank safely any ideas . Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15889997402691321505164839513342_1588999794928.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	26747  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2020, 11:16 pm
Enthusiast

What is that white gupe in the hole? Take an easy out and thread it into the hole and spin out the female part of the connector. This portion is tricky installing a new one. Too tightly threaded into the fitting on the tank will split it. This split is common and a silent recall by bmw. They will either put an outside clamp on the boss or give you a new fuel pump. Beemerboneyard will sell you the parts you need. The retention clip one has to push in to release the male portion has sharp edges. So Be sure to push the retention clip in while installing the mail portion that has an O-ring on it. If not the O-ring gets clipped and nicked, leaks can happen. You have to be oh so careful with the plastic ones. The O-ring in question is a #11. I have a bag of them if someone needs a fresh one.

Mount Vernon, WA.
tire guy, I'll mount your tires.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2020, 7:33 am

Same thing happened to me. Get the new stainless fitting and the repair ring from beemer bone yard. The repair ring is excellent. I JB WELDED mine on, let it cure and installed the new metal quick disconnect. 100% fixed and back on the road. The broken part can be easily removes with an easy out.

Bill C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode