BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

The fastest color

15K views 60 replies 34 participants last post by  brucecha 
#1 ·
As everyone knows, the fastest color for a K1200 motorcycle is Red. That is why I'm waiting for a red K1200s.

#3 ·
Re:Fastest Color

I bought my blue "02" back in Aug. of "01" and the only reason I didn't get a red one was because the first 2 or 3 K12's I ever saw was red and I concluded that that was going to be the "popular" color and would be far to common to be unique so I opted for blue. Boy was I wrong on that call! BUT I have always loved the color of my K12 so no real regrets.:)

#4 ·
Equating bike color with speed ...

is like assuming that the bike will make up for other personal shortcomings.

I liked the pac blue so much I traveller 300 miles to pick mine up. During the 30 degree ride back, I learned the value of heated grips. I did not regret the choice then. Nor have I since. The red reminds me of a Kawasaki or a Honda.

Charlie

#12 ·
Blue....I will always go with blue....why.....because red is the 'ticket-me-now' color...while silver and blue is the 'it-can't-be-going-that-fast' colors.......

......every time I blow by a state trooper..or local yocal.....they always either ignore me or just give me a warning......:)

....but I love to blow past a red bike......and then see the cops pull the red bike over....:)

#16 ·
csbrownjr said:
is like assuming that the bike will make up for other personal shortcomings.

I liked the pac blue so much I traveller 300 miles to pick mine up. During the 30 degree ride back, I learned the value of heated grips. I did not regret the choice then. Nor have I since. The red reminds me of a Kawasaki or a Honda.

Charlie
Guess that is why nearly all Ferrari's blue?

#17 ·
Well now here's the real story:

The fastest ones made where actually all white, but then no one would buy one, so they all got painted the most favorite color: blue and yes they sold and became known as the fastest! However as time went on, those that had purchased the ones that were white originally were going sooooo fast that some of the blue paint "blue" right off and thus it came to be known that the white and blues are the fastest after all.

I know, I own one!

#19 ·
25% of Black K bikes can actually move!

pillion said:
uh...hmmm...please note the black bike to your upper left...it ain't exactly on its sidestand. :D
Susan
Sure...next you'll be telling us that the center stand on that bike is normally extended while the rider is still on the bike

#21 ·
1200GTosprey said:
My friend who is a State Trooper said that "red" vehicles are the most pulled over and ticketed, and, the people that drive them are Class "A" individuals. I love my K12GT (Peidmont RED).
Said officer didn't also happen to mention what the "A" in Class "A" stood for, did he?

Jus' askin'...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.