BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Fitting a 1200 wheel to K1100 - can't find thread

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  beachcomber 
#1 ·
OK,

so I spent an hour looking for it!!!!!! :dunno:

can anyone point me in the direction of fitting K1200 / R1100 5 spoke Wobblies to a K1100 ???

The 5.5" rear isn't the problem [ straight swap ] - it's the front I need to know about.

I am presuming that either the K1100 spindle needs to be machined or a K1200 spindle modified. Either way - specs gratefully received so I can get my K100 Streetfighter and K1100 Race Rep [ S1000RR 'ish ] finished !

While I'm on wheels - anyone fitted R1100GS [ wire spoked ] wheels to a K1100 front end? That's for my 1960's styled Cafe Racer K100. Again, the rear is not a problem.

Many thanx in advance :clap:

TJ

#3 ·
I'm assuming you've done searches of this and some of the other related forums for posts on this topic? I don't recall seeing anything like that, but then again I'm not watching for it since I don't have an older K bike.

#4 ·
Hi David,

if you look in the thread avatar at the left side of this section - it actually poses the question about the 5.5" wheel fitment !!!! That's why I can't understand why I can't find it.

I've tried all sorts of search headers with no luck.
However, I'm pretty certain that I can modify the stock OEM K1200 spindle to suit.

The main difference is the diameter of the spindle [ axle] - the K1100 is 25mm and the k1200 is 20mm. The K1200 then uses a bush to bring the diameter back up to the 25mm fork leg diameter.

It can't be rocket science, just simpler if I can follow someone else's lead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.