BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Changing Clutch Fluid?

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  FLARENUT 
#1 ·
I have a 01 k1200RS I would like to change my clutch fluid. Does anyone have a part number for the bleeder that threads into the "filler adapter".Or thread size that I could pick up at a parts store if that is possible? Or suggestion?
Thanks for the help,
FLARENUT

#3 ·
I know, I know ....

FLARENUT said:
I have a 01 k1200RS I would like to change my clutch fluid............
and on a side note .... I used synthetic fluid in our '02 and the slave cylinder went south a few weeks later. Now I know it was coincidence, so hold the keyboards still, but I won't use synthetic brake fluid again. BMW paid for the repair, since it was a DOT 4 "compatible" fluid and the bike was still in waranty.

Check out this archive for a great link to clutch bleeding.

#4 ·
FLARENUT said:
I have a 01 k1200RS I would like to change my clutch fluid. Does anyone have a part number for the bleeder that threads into the "filler adapter".Or thread size that I could pick up at a parts store if that is possible? Or suggestion?
Thanks for the help,
FLARENUT
I asked my parts man the same question and he sold me: #34 21 2 330 310 bleeder and cap for around $8.00. I haven't tried it yet.
Bruce C

#5 ·
FLARENUT said:
Does anyone have a part number for the bleeder that threads into the "filler adapter".Or suggestion?
Thanks for the help,
FLARENUT
My personal preference is to completely remove the filler adapter and install a SB1010S speed bleeder straight into the fitting that is on the end of the hose. Reason is that there is a check ball at the end of the filler adapter that makes it very hard to get enough threads of the bleeder to engage to get a good seal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.