BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

The Wait for my 07 GT Continues...

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  baytown 
#1 ·
Spoke to my dealer yesterday. My bike will be in production during the week of 25 Sep. It
will be up to 8 weeks after that until the bike is in my hands - unfortuntaley that means I won't have the bike until late Nov. I placed the order in June!

I was originally hoping to have the bike about mid Oct......not anymore. It will end up being a christmas present to myself!

I hope you're really enjoying your bike Ken!!!

#2 ·
Waiting --- Waiting Zzzzzzzzzzz

G'day Ben.
I RODE to work this morning on my NEW BMW K1200GT. It's a NEW BLUE one. VERY COMMFY!
I turned my HEATED HANDGRIPS on as I was wearing my Airflow gloves, and as my TRIP COMPUTER told me the temp was 14 deg. It was good.
Yep, riding a NEW BMW K1200GT is a pleasure.
I even had two attractive women yell out at me as I rode past them after getting Jananese for lunch, that the NEW BMW K1200GT was HOT LOOKING!!!! (serious!)
I enjoyed my RIDE home today on my NEW BIKE as well.
How was your day Ben???????

Best wishes mate :)

Ken
(sorry for being a mongrel!!!!)

#3 ·
Thanks mate!!!!

Thanks Ken - am soooo pleased you're enjoying your bike!

If its any consolation to me at least when I jump on my bike I'll be able to look at my dash and say 'Ooh, look, my tire pressures are good to go.'

Yes I know - I'm clutching at straws!!!!

#4 ·
Short ones at that mate!
Actually, being one of the first in Oz with the 07 machine will be a nice feeling, and the little improvements will make it worth the wait.
(Just trying to make you feel better.)

Best wishes Ben.

Ken.

#9 ·
Still waiting

Hey Ken,

My bike is built (have an engine number and VIN) and the dealer knows which boat the bike is coming to Oz on. Still looking at getting the bike sometime in the second half of Nov. Am starting to get a little excited now!

As long as I get the bike in time to have the 1000km service done before I head off on leave at the end of th year as I'll be putting a few kms on the bike going from Canberra - Newcastle - Coffs Harbour - Brisbane - Newcastle. Should be a good trip!

I've also been looking at paint protection stuff and am thinking of getting a kit from tankslapper.com. $51 US, including delivery to Australia. Can't see why I wouldn't give it a go for that price!

As soon as the bike shows up I'll be putting up some photos (after I stop riding long enough to take some shots).

Hope FNQ is treating you well.

Cheers,

#10 ·
A stop in Coffs?

Hey Ben,

When you get the bike and you head through Coffs, give me a call. I've moved to Coffs Harbour now and although still bikeless :( I'd love to catch up and check out the new machine.

Give me a call when you're coming through. If you send me a PM, I'll give you my details.

Cheers,

#11 ·
Coffs Visit

No probs Clinton.

I'll actually be in the Coffs area (parents live at Bellingen) for a couple of weeks over christmas and new year. Will have limited access to the web and this forum but will give you my mobile before I head off once I find where the PM thing is on this site!

Cheers,

#13 ·
Its here

My GT is at the dealer! It arrived late yesterday. Haven't had time to go have a look and the dealer has a lot of new bikes in to prep so I am booked in for pick-up next Tue at 1030. My painted top case comes back today so everything should be ready to go next week. About time too!

I've also got the bike booked in to get some paint protection film installed the following Mon so wont be using the bike too much in the first week. After that I'll be on the thing everyday as I'll only have about 10 days to get 1000kms on the bike so I can do my first service before heading off on christmas leave.

Expect some pictures up mid next week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.