K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion (https://www.k-bikes.com/forums/)
-   K12/1300GT (Next Gen) (https://www.k-bikes.com/forums/43-k12-1300gt-next-gen/)
-   -   Trade GT for S? (https://www.k-bikes.com/forums/43-k12-1300gt-next-gen/6160-trade-gt-s.html)

diggitydogg Aug 29th, 2006 8:36 pm

Trade GT for S?

Not one to leave well enough alone, I find myself drawn to the 06 S with free GPS and bags. There's just something sultry about the way it looks, compared with my 06 GT, which I'm enjoying quite a lot. Am I nuts to considering trading in the GT for an S? I'm good for 250 miles a day, tops. Don't really see myself crossing the country anytime soon not with three kids. Are the ergos THAT different?

BeemerDude Aug 29th, 2006 9:11 pm

I recently had the KS. What a great bike! Fast, smooth, sporty looking as hell, responsive in every way. Loved it. However, the ergos killed me. BUT, that's just me. I have seen posts from many "older" than I am and ride longer distances without an issue. Probably should have accessorized with the bars and peg extenders. Would have helped... Realize that at that time I still owned the LT. So I had the best of both worlds.

IMHO, you can not go wrong with the S. Take one for a ride. You'll see for yourself. However that said, I love the new GT. It fits my body and my mission perfectly. Good luck.

John06KGT Aug 29th, 2006 9:35 pm

I've done the old KRS. Moved to the old KLT because it was taking too long to recover from long rides. Rode the KLT on 700 mile plus days without a problem but missed the freedom of the "sport" part of riding. Waited 12 years and now I own the 06 KGT. For me, it was worth the wait. While no one motorcycle is perfect, the new KGT really is the BEST of both worlds. I can't think of anything else I would rather have in my garage. :D

diggitydogg Aug 30th, 2006 12:43 am

Yeah, you're right. The GT fits me perfectly too. As much as I'd like to have an S, I already have the right bike. Thanks all.

dwsdad Aug 30th, 2006 8:24 am

Did I read that right? You can get a free GPS AND free bags on the S right now?

peteo Aug 30th, 2006 9:07 am

The GPS nav III is free to anyone buying a 2006 K1200S until 9/16/2006. The bags would have to be a dealer throw-in.

diggitydogg Aug 30th, 2006 9:46 am

Read somewhere that the bags are a throw-in until Sept. 2. Not on BMW's site though.

BMRPAL Aug 30th, 2006 10:42 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteo
The GPS nav III is free to anyone buying a 2006 K1200S until 9/16/2006. The bags would have to be a dealer throw-in.

Yea, they just announced the free pannier deal sometime last week. However, as in the post above, it is only through 9/2, which doesn't leave people much time. BUT, an 06 ( probably at a good price ) AND nav 3 AND Panniers, now that's a deal!!!!

baytown Aug 30th, 2006 2:41 pm

Yip Yah.
In Australia, I got a key holder with my new 06 GT!