BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tricks to getting to the low beam bulb? got the retaining clip off, but can't get the plastic cover out of the way enough to access the bulb.

Also, where can I get a service repair disk for the GT?

Thanks.

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
headlight bulb

Its really easier to just remove the handguards, pieces under them and the front cowling then the headlight so you can see what you are doing, Its pretty straight forward and makes it so much easier. Bottom parking bulb just pulls out by the way.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
John_Colleton said:
Any tricks to getting to the low beam bulb? got the retaining clip off, but can't get the plastic cover out of the way enough to access the bulb.
As mentioned, take the plastic off, then remove the headlamp. The RS didn't come with the electric motor for the windscreen, so there was room to replace the bulb in the manner you describe...just pop off the retaining clip and remove the back shield. With the GT, and it's wonderful windscreen motor, all that clearance has been used up.

Also, where can I get a service repair disk for the GT?

Thanks.
Only places I know of are the BMW dealerships and Pirate's Lair. Be sure the one you get includes the GT. Subtle differences to deal with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had no problem replacing the low beam bulb but is there an easy way of replacing the high beam bulb? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts