BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 K12 GT. It is also fitted with a Cal. Friendship II sidecar. When I am going down the road with the cruise on and hit a crack in the road and it bumps the bike the cruise shuts off. I can hit resume and it kicks right back on and goes until the next bump in the road. I have tried holding up the foot brake with my toe, still does it. Also holding out the clutch or hand brake lever with same results. Is there anyway to adjust anything to make it not so sensitive? Smooth roads and it works for miles just as it should.
Thanks in Advance
mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is also a switch on the throttle body which can be affected by improperly adjusted throttle cables. If you have a Clymer, it's laid out on page 261.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have a 2004 K12 GT. It is also fitted with a Cal. Friendship II sidecar. When I am going down the road with the cruise on and hit a crack in the road and it bumps the bike the cruise shuts off. I can hit resume and it kicks right back on and goes until the next bump in the road.
Take it out on the road again and engage the CC. Hold the tip of the clutch lever with two fingers and wiggle it back and forth; see if that causes the CC to disengage. If it does, check the little switch under the clutch lever. Alternately, if you don't have time to go for a ride, do the same thing as described above as the bike sits and listen closely for the telltale click of the microswitches at the clutch lever.

I had more or less the same problem over a year ago.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doubt if the 2nd gen CC is the same, BUT, my '07 did the same thing. Very vexing. Finally found the CC power switch was flakey. Temp fix was rubber band to hold it on even thought it never moved into the off position. Worked great. Forgot about it, took rubber band off a couple years later and it never did it again.... But you said you could resume and power off usually forgets previous setting so this probably ain't it. never mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Life has gotten in the way and I haven't gotten to work on the cruise. But I do have the check procedure printed off and ready to see whats up/
mike Bowlin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same problem

I had the same issue on my 03 GT. It turned out to be a bad connection in the rear brake light circuit. Apparently hitting a bump was making the CC 'think' the brake had been applied and therefore it disengaged. Fixing the bad connection cured the CC problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts