BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to clean up the look of the rear fender on my bike, but can not find any companies that sell an aftermarket "Tidy Tail" or something of the like for the GT.
I have also searched the archives and have not found any good information specific to the GT as far as step-by-step how to "do it yourself" cut down modifications.

Can anyone help?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
About 5 or 6 years ago, maybe more....Finley at Pirate's Lair had a line on a Euro company that was considering doing an undertail exhaust project for the 1200RS. There was a tail mod at that time, I think it was only one company out of Europe and they probably don't have any more, but you could contact Pirate's Lair and see if the contact is still there. I saw the photo (or good artist's rendition?), as I recall it was a yellow and black 1200RS with an undertail closure in yellow. No bag mounts as I recall, and of course, if you remove the fender, you get lots of spray coming up on wet/muddy roads, just like on a bicycle....Looks great, but not real practical unless you only ride in the dry.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
magellan44 said:
Here is what I did to mine. see if you like this
same here...got to love cut off tools...In fact that was the first thing I did after buying it in 2004.....that is one ugly rear when it comes stock...This is know GS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
magellan44 said:
Here is what I did to mine. see if you like this
I like it, definitely an improvement. Are there any tricks to doing it or is it just getting a cutting tool and having at it?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
mrjts39 said:
I like it, definitely an improvement. Are there any tricks to doing it or is it just getting a cutting tool and having at it?
Thats about it...remove the extended part and hack away :teeth

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BAK04GT said:
Thats about it...remove the extended part and hack away :teeth
Can you send me some close up pictures of your work?

Also, if anyone else out there has done this any pictures and advice is greatly appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts