BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that HiTag2 ID46 is what's required but my dash says EWS after replacing the DME assuming ISTA/P would port the VIN / ISN but didn't (I have 999999 KOMBI ODO w Error in ISTA D "EEPROM read failed to get total miles ridden" ). I'm curious about later model years when they switched the abs unit to non servo ATE units did they change to TriCore BMSKP DME HiTag2 ID46 Chip Keys and my 05 BMSK M9.2 MPC562 and EWS is actually EWS AK90+ compatible not yet HiTag2 for that year? I don't care about the lock I just need the EWS to go away and the bike fire up. I have ordered another DME from same year model but WITH the key and think that'll get me running but still want to actually get the mileage fixed and the correct VIN etc so what's the deal?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a KESS V2 Master ID & READ file of my unit aka "Patient" and the new DME from eBay dubbed "Donor" but couldn't write to using the "Patient.READ" so I returned it waiting on a BDM100 for a bench clone but it's a month out as is K TAG couldn't find one domestically on my budget. Here's the 4 files if someone knows how to get the ISN from Donor in a zip file at the link below and if I can program a key with the AK90 that showed up today or better off tell me the ISN from patient and how to add to the donor valid key list

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not opposed to swapping out physical ic chips I've got precision mini heat gun soldering iron etc either albeit least popular option.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a different DME with a matching key still unsure on the VIN & Mileage setup to get it to be my bikes vin and mileage on the new DME I have all the BMW tools the dealer has ICOM A2 the works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts