BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the side of the case that's next to the motorcycle body when mounted is a small tab that raises/lowers when the case handle is locked/unlocked. With the case on the motorcycle and handle locked down, it's in the raised position. With the handle released and in the up position to remove the case, it's in the lowered posiiton. I can't see where this tab hooks to the motorcycle anywhere. What is this thing and what is it's purpose?

Mike
'06 GT

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don't hook on to anything. How would they keep the bags from blowing off?

Spoke with the dealership and was told the side cases are made to fit other models as well as the GT. The tabs are for mounting points on one or more of the other models but serve no purpose on the GT. That's the explanation I was given.

Mike
'06 GT

·
Registered
246 Posts
mser said:
They don't hook on to anything. How would they keep the bags from blowing off?

Spoke with the dealership and was told the side cases are made to fit other models as well as the GT. The tabs are for mounting points on one or more of the other models but serve no purpose on the GT. That's the explanation I was given.

Mike
'06 GT
If I were you I'd now seriously consider another dealer. ;)

The tab in upper position prevents the case from upward motion, on the GT as well as on the R1200RT. The way to remove the case is to ..... lift. Right.

When the handle is up, the tab is down, allowing the case to be moved upward.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Explanation right on Gollum. I took some time, like I should've done in the first place, and looked at it closely as I put the case on the bike while moving the handle back and forth. The tab moves up into a recess preventing upward motion. Now I understand what you're talking about Flash. Thanks guys.

Mike
'06 GT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts