BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2006 bmw k1200r which does not have the computer upgrade or tire pressure guages installed….
I was just wondering how big and expensive of a job it is to install The computer he upgraded models have along with the tire pressure monitors?
anyone here have experience doing this if so how difficult and expensive is the job?
this is not some thing I absolutely have to do but if it is not ridiculously hard and expensive it’s something I would consider doing to upgrade the bike A little more.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have a look at this thread

It looks like the modules and possibly sensors are around €140 on ebay, second hand, and by all means appear to be plug and play (with possibly a switch-on by the gs911 or motoscan app)

Alternatively there are a few aftermarket options out there, including the Garmin zumo 390 and probably other models, which have an external sensor that screws into the valve.

Installing the module is a 2 minute job, and putting in the sensors requires taking off the tyres and swapping out the existing valves. I'd suggest, if you wish to go ahead, look out for one on ebay, and install it when you are getting your next set of tyres.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corkboy thank you very much for the help and info ! Really appreciate it !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts