BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

07 for 02

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  krider59 
#1 ·
Hi folks I was considering trading in my 07k1200 r sport w/ 23k for a 02 k1200RS. w/ 25k After installing all the factory updates mods and fixes and the $800 for pwr commander and leo vince ti exhaust, custom map. and set of dog bones the bike still stalls and will not idle smoothly. I disconnected and plugged the SLS but the backfiring continued. Ive had it with the bike. the dog bones were a good improvement. I have an 05 K1200LT the flying brick has run flawlessly since ive own it. NO mods update or fixes.
Any and all opinions are welcome. thank you.

At wits end. :confused:

#2 · (Edited)
FWIW, sold my '06 GT last summer. She had 32k on the clock. ESA getting finiky and the brake servo starting to get weird-had to stop and reset it several times, not to mention 3 batteries and 5 flash updates to ecu. Enuf is enuf. Jan this year found a '04GT.with 11k. Other than making it my own with farkles and several sessions of wax on wax off, good decision. Sometimes newer isn't better! (mybad-edited)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.