BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm just new to the Bmw so bear with me. I took my 07 1200gt on my first ride last weekend , I teach the gearing up program , new riders. When I got to the city i got into major trafic and sat in trafic for 30min. so I shut the bike off. I tried to start it and no power. after a bit power came on and it started. this happened four times in the next 3 hours got gas no power , went to leave the motorcycle training site no power etc. I got it to my buddies place took out the gel cell there was some grease on the terminals so i cleaned them up and since then no problem. . anyone have any other expierence with this problem??. Battery, Ignition switch, ??? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wouldn't rurn over or "no power" period?
No lights, instrumentation, horn, etc...?

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
If your bike has electric brakes - such cases were reported in the past. You use the brakes a lot in the traffic jams and if you stop and switch off the engine immediately- the battery has no time to renew the juice. Try to ride the bike few minutes in normal mode upon leaving the jam and hook it to a charger in your garage&

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys

I was in traffic but i was sitting and stopped.with the motor off after about 20minutes sitting fan was running and i shut it off, then no power. Yes there was no power no screen no display and would not turn over.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ews

when the guy in the 1950 chev truck boosted me for a sec it came up EWS but when it started all was good i drove 150feet and it shut down , no screens or display i pushed it up on the sidewalk was getting ready to remove the key it all came back on hit the button and it started and i drove home about 20 minutes and all has be fine since. might be time to get the 1982 cbx out for some reliability. hehe mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
no power

You may want to take your battery out and take it to a automotive store and have it tested. You may have a faulty cell shorting out on you. Other than that check all your battery ground connections. Luckily your warranty will cover anything wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts