BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been slowly gathering the parts to replace the clutch on my 07 k12gt. The bike has a little over 41,000 miles and I'm starting to feel a slight grinding through the clutch lever, but it's not slipping yet. I figured I would just replace the clutch pack to be safe. So far I've ordered: A barnett racing clutch pack, all of the screws to put the clutch cover back on, the clutch cover gasket and a thin walled 30mm socket. I've seen some people use that big wrench that fits around the clutch basket to keep it in place while removing that 30mm nut in in the center of the basket. Do I really need this tool, or are there other ways around it. I'm also going to order the stopper that goes into the crankshaft position sensor hole. I am going to install the timing chain jump guide as well. I'm trying to "bulletproof" my bike.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Quote "......I'm trying to "bulletproof" my bike........"

That's a good plan, preventive medicine. I'd also like to stop the clutch squealing as I pull away from a stop, but I understand that it may also require replacing or modifying the clutch basket. Any plans to look into that too?

My additional plan is to have $2,000 in the bank for when the expensive bits that I cannot repair myself (final drive, etc) explode.

Reactions: eliastfk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote "......I'm trying to "bulletproof" my bike........"

That's a good plan, preventive medicine. I'd also like to stop the clutch squealing as I pull away from a stop, but I understand that it may also require replacing or modifying the clutch basket. Any plans to look into that too?

My additional plan is to have $2,000 in the bank for when the expensive bits that I cannot repair myself (final drive, etc) explode.
I'm going to skip the basket this time around as the squealing is super minor at this point. It actually only happens when the bike gets hot. Fingers crossed that the plates alone help my issue. I got lucky, my final drive was replaced with a later unit at some point because mine has the drain plug for servicing and it's a slightly different finish than the rest of the swingarm lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts