BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit fun touring Europe in june.
Didn't noticed that my break pads was weird down and finally the indicator circuit was broken and the indicator came on.
Swapped the pads but the indicator was still on in the instruments.
Measured the resistance from the connector near the radiator to the pad reading below 1 ohm.
Do I need to reset it with service unit / GS-911 unit?

After a week the ABS fault came on and I'm now w/o ABS, any connections between this faults?

BTW. renovated the electrical engine on the ABS unit 2 months ago, it simply didn't run jammed brushes. 3 Hours wrenching with tips from internet. Cost 50E.

Today I took the K1100LT/SE out for a ride, It's been standing since may as I swapped the M/S tyres tyres to std touring tires Tested to ride in snow with studs in january but it ended in a crash and a broken self-confidence and colon bone. Why do that, well it could be labled as a challenge. Will try the M/S ( TKC80 ) tires this fall on gravel roads. Will be fun just have to restrict me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Challenges solved.
When I rode off today the ABS worked again.
Hooked up a GS-911 diagnostic unit.
Error message on air i break system both front and rear.
Flashed both circuit with Dot 5.2 and bleed and bleed and ,,, now it's rock stiff after a short distance on handle and pedal.
Had to reset the system from break pad wear sensor fault.
Lesson learned bleed the break system very careful,
Replace the break pads before the warning light comes on. Or even better make a short cut in a used wire, install non indicator pads and save a lot of $$$. Con you have to manually inspect your pads from time to time as on normal bikes but is that really a big issue.

·
Registered
677 Posts
tibbe said:
Challenges solved.
When I rode off today the ABS worked again.
Hooked up a GS-911 diagnostic unit.
Error message on air i break system both front and rear.
Flashed both circuit with Dot 5.2 and bleed and bleed and ,,, now it's rock stiff after a short distance on handle and pedal.
Had to reset the system from break pad wear sensor fault.
Lesson learned bleed the break system very careful,
Replace the break pads before the warning light comes on. Or even better make a short cut in a used wire, install non indicator pads and save a lot of $$$. Con you have to manually inspect your pads from time to time as on normal bikes but is that really a big issue.

Brake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts