BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cyclegear is having a storewide sale on everything, 10% off! They have pretty decent prices on tires and parts. Might as well pick up a set of tires - they do a great job mounting especially for $12 per tire - you gotta bring the tire in off the bike though.

Check out their website for more details:
www.cyclegear.com

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
84 Posts
thank you for sale post

I like dealing with Cycle Gear, they are right down the street. I do not like ordering tires over the internet, have gotten some pretty badly dryrotted tires from old stock. I compared ronayers.com to cyclegear on a Metzeler Z6 front. Ronayers $89.32 plus $8 shipping versus cyclegear $99.99 - 10%. Plus if you you have a local store you can look at it before you buy it. So thank you for the post, I'll will be going to cycle gear today and try to find something I do not need. I also appreciate the ronayers.com info, as the dealership is not far from me here in NC. Sounds like a good reason for a ride, as if you need one.

Stu B
04' K12GT Eternal Green
84' Honda Nighthawk 650

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just bought a set of Pilot Roads from Cycle Gear and even with the tax they were $250.00. Now take the 10% off and they are less than the listed price and shipping as of 5 minutes ago from Ron Ayers,
Bruce

·
Registered
275 Posts
I also have had bad luck purchasing tires from the net. At least at cycle gear you can see the tires and check the age. May be important if you are buying an extra set of tires and storing them until you need them.
Bruce

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cycle Gear

Personally, I've had good luck ordering tires off the net. Cycle Gear will mount and balance for $28 if you don't buy it there. Turns out you don't save much compared to buying the tires from them. If you include the mounting, it's got to be cheaper with the 10% discount.

·
Registered
284 Posts
When comparing tire prices (Internet versus local store) be sure to add in the cost of mounting and balancing. Saving $10/tire on the internet doesn't make much sense if it will cost an additional $20/tire to get it M&B'd. I purchase from both. I've bought tires at Cycle Gear because they had 20% off tires and M&B on the day I was there. They're also open on Sundays.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You are right about taking in the cost of mounting and balancing. I do my own so it is not a factor. I like the idea of going and get them today and mount them today if I want to. Also as I said before I can check the tires out at the store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts