BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys -

Since the owners manual is silent on this, what EXACTLY is required for the 12K service? Already did the oil change.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mal,

I know I can't give you specific details but I can give you some info. I was not provided a checklist, although one was created for my bike, it was reviewed by me, and kept with the service records. The only parts I was charged for was the oil change (fiflter, oil, crush washer). The rest was about 2.5 hours labor. Mostly checks of break pressure system (they seem to be real concerned with monitoring pressures at all different points), computer codes(there were none), battery and lights, brake pads and throttle slack.

Not really all that difficult except for the pressure checks which I think is done with the computer and checking the codes. I'm sure you could ask for those two items seperatly and I would expect it would be a charge for an hour or less.

Good luck either way.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just had mine done and it was just under $400, which included oil change with synthetic, manual valve check, coolant change and whatever else they check. My brake pads were o.k. I was told if the valves needed an adjustment, that would be another $100.
Not too bad...

·
Registered
364 Posts
sportrider said:
I just had mine done and it was just under $400, which included oil change with synthetic, manual valve check, coolant change and whatever else they check. My brake pads were o.k. I was told if the valves needed an adjustment, that would be another $100.
Not too bad...

seems early for a coolant change....?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts