BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have recently purchased a keiss heated vest and am having issues when trying to use the 12v plug to power it.
I have a 2006 k12gt and am trying to use the 12v plug on the left side of the bike just above the gearbox (I think) it doesn't matter what I do it won't power the vest. I know the socket is live as I use it to charge my phone.
I know the vest works as I have wired it up using the wiring harness that comes with it.
I have tried 2 different plugs now and neither have worked.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
357 Posts
You need to run a socket straight to the battery. BMW makes a wired socket kit that fills in one of the "blanks" on that same panel where you were trying before. It's fused and avoids the can-bus issue.

·
Registered
365 Posts
moymurfs said:
You need to run a socket straight to the battery. BMW makes a wired socket kit that fills in one of the "blanks" on that same panel where you were trying before. It's fused and avoids the can-bus issue.
This is the way required for almost all heated gear, the "stock" BMW socket is limited to 8 amps of current draw according to the manual, anything more and the computer turns the power off. However, the actual maximum current draw allowed is closer to 5 amps.

My heated gear works great connected straight to the battery (fused) but will not work with the "stock" socket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts