BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm bombing home yesterday morning from my Ottawa trip, passing pretty well everything in sight .... we've got excellent 4 lane highway in New Brunswick and the limit is 110 KPH

Anyway, i come up behind this 18 wheeler (light rainshower and a bit foggy) anyway i thought i saw a car close in front of him.....I was all set to give er when the semi driver flashes his back up lights .... Had i passed i would have taken the car as well....so i held fire on the pass Sure enough after a couple of miles i could clearly see the car was an RCMP Highway Patrol cruiser.....

A big thank you to the semi driver because, had i made that pass i would have blown the Cruiser away as well

I can only imagine coppers pray for a pinch like that...

The patrol car moved on and when i finally passed the rig I gave the driver a big wave, he laid on the air horn toot, toot.....

So Buddy a big thanks to you on that one, i'll bet he is a biker in his off time :D

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
That was nice of him! :clap:

Makes me feel sort of low for waving tailgaters around me when I see a cop ahead or know of one's hiding spot. So what if they stomp the gas and cross the double-yellow. :leer

Works nicely with a radar detector too. :D

<Sometimes I'm a very bad boy> :spank1:

Mack

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ha! ha!

GMack said:
That was nice of him! :clap:

Makes me feel sort of low for waving tailgaters around me when I see a cop ahead or know of one's hiding spot. So what if they stomp the gas and cross the double-yellow. :leer

Works nicely with a radar detector too. :D

<Sometimes I'm a very bad boy> :spank1:

Mack
I can appreciate that one..... :clap: cage tailgaters are an absolute menace, they deserve whatever rough justice they get... :teeth

The irony is, that we can blast off and leave them in our dust only to be nailed ourselves for speeding :boom:

I usually jump in the right lane and let them move on , only to deal with them a little later down the road..... A sneak attack at 100 mph seems to humble them.....

I notice Bimmer and Volvo drivers seem to be the offenders......my bike has a 6th sense and hates both of those marques :D

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
OldGeezer said:
I notice Bimmer and Volvo drivers seem to be the offenders......my bike has a 6th sense and hates both of those marques :D
Mine tends to avoid any vehicle where the driver looks "Through" the steering wheel rather than "Over the top" of it.

I never knew AARP sold ape-hanger steering wheels? :wtf:

Mack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts