BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell what size it is? I could not find any markings except the manufacturers name "Magura" and a serial number on the outer calliper housing under the "Brembo" name. I need to know if it is a 12 or 13mm. I do not want to order the wrong rebuild kit, as I live in the boonies, and it takes a while to get parts.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like it should be 13mm, this is from beemerboneyard.com

NEW LOWER PRICENew Magura 12mm Rear Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit, Fits All K75/K100/K1100 ABS & Non ABS Bikes From 10/88 $54.95

New Magura 13mm Rear Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit, Fits All K75/K100 2 Valve Non-ABS Bikes Up To 10/88 $49.95

NEW ITEMMagura 13mm Rear Brake Master Cylinder Dust Boot, Fits All K75/K100/K1100 ABS & Non ABS Bikes Up To 10/88 $6.00

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fingers are crossed.

Thanks so much, that is what I ordered, from whom I ordered..all is good! I found it about an hour after I posted here ...glad to have the reasurance that I'm on the right track. Pads new, fluid bled and new, but sadly it changed nothing. It grabs, and the pedal is firm, not spongy, lines are new, never leaked, so hopefully this will be the fix. A mechanic told me the issue sounds like an internal leaking seal in the MC...I hope so, as I am totaly out of ideas after this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts