BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody in either Aussie or New Zealand know of a 2nd hand radiator fan being available for purchas , or America even tho freigh's a killer ?
Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help . .
The brushes in mine are well and truly knackered !
Malcolm NZ

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Bosch part # (motor only) is 0 130 007 027. You might be able to find it at a good electrical auto part place, the same motor is used as an AC condenser fan in some Porsche, Audi & VW's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chaos said:
The Bosch part # (motor only) is 0 130 007 027. You might be able to find it at a good electrical auto part place, the same motor is used as an AC condenser fan in some Porsche, Audi & VW's
Excellent ,Thank you .
I heard yesterday that VW did have the same motor but was only thinking of their radiator fan I will hunt arround today and see what I find .Once again MANY thanks .
Happy New Year to you all !
Malcolm NZ :xcheer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K75 radiator fan

Methinks I have a motor !!
It's not a Bosch , but another type .It's 12v , draws 4a unloaded, revs are 4460 not the 4500rpm in the speci's . but I reckon it should be ok .
but I did a DUH ! I didn't take note of which side was which , but I think I can fix that tomorrow when I digest the electrical diagram .
Thanks for all the comments .
Malcolm NZ :clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1/1/11
I soldered the wires to the replacement motor ( not a bosch )and fitted it to the fan housing last night . This morning I fitted it to the bike , refilled the radiator and ran the motor for about 15 - 20 minutes . The red overheating light didn't come on , but the fan did and shut off maybe a minute or less later . All good . Another happy camper til next time there's trouble .
Thanks again for all the suggestions and help ,it is always appreciated !!
Malcolm NZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts