BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some information from the experts as well as driver - ownership information.
I currently own a 1992 K 100 RS with 45,00 miles (72K). It is in excellent clean condition and runs like a champ these bikes are known for.

I have the opportunity to trade towards a 2000 K 1200 RS with 20,164 miles. I inspected and road the bike it is clean and is excellent condition with the usual scuffs from use. I enjoy the newer front suspension, the power of the engine as well as the body change.

I have replaced many parts to my K 100 RS such as both master brake cylinders, throttle side electronics, both pivot bearings - etc. The bike runs like a champ. Both are ABS (I and k1200 II).

Please let me know the advantages of the K1200 RS as far as reliability, comfort etc and possible issues I should look for and I guess lastly is this a positive upgrade.

I have thick skin so fire away as I need to either pull the trigger or keep what I got and move on with my maintenance plans.

Thank you all.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you know the K 100 RS was great, the fairing came off in pieces so you could take off what you needed. 4 screws for the belly pan.

The K 1200 - 9 for the belly pan and I have not counted how many yet to take the sides off.

I'm good for all the oils - change, plugs, wires and a few other small and less technical things - a little bit more time but doable.

As I get into to it a will definitely let you know.

So far this weekend I've put 400 miles on - some with 2 up, a big difference from my K 100 RS and a great trade up regarding ride, power and handling qualities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts