·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello beemerphiles

need advice for purchasing decision:

available 1994 K1100LT 52'000 miles 3200.00
or 2004 K1200GT 9000 miles 9300.00

Had a K1100LT for 14 yrs and loved the riding position, trouble free operation and not a hickup. All I had to do was changing oil, plugs and tires. Sold the bike and regretted it soon thereafter.
Planning to visit my daughter in Vegas and ride the bike from the place I buy and then back to FL for shipping it to Germany.

So how would you decide if you had the same choice? Power is not that crucial to me cause I also own a Yamaha FJR1300.

Appreciate any and all input.

Al

·
Registered
59 Posts
LT vs GT

Kind of a apples vs oranges deal here.
$6,000 difference in price
40,000 miles difference in use
10 years of difference in age
Full touring vs Sport touring
You say power not an issue, so If that LT is in good shape, seems to
have low mileage, keeping in mind it may need some work, it may be
the way to go, just my :twocents: worth.
Take the $6,000.00 hit the tables, double down and :scratch:

Good Luck

·
Registered
437 Posts
no brainer

if u've got a fjr1300, get the lt. it yammy is a k bike knockoff and will give a similar riding experience to the kgt. also, if u liked the lt riding position; u wont like the kgt riding position. i had to fiddle and fiddle with my kgt to get it comfortable. seats(russell), pegs, type II barbacks etc. the lt assumes u want to riding position for touring in the first place. enuf said............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
billbeemer said:
if u've got a fjr1300, get the lt. it yammy is a k bike knockoff and will give a similar riding experience to the kgt. also, if u liked the lt riding position; u wont like the kgt riding position. i had to fiddle and fiddle with my kgt to get it comfortable. seats(russell), pegs, type II barbacks etc. the lt assumes u want to riding position for touring in the first place. enuf said............
Hey billbeemer
Thanks for the input, I will try to get the LT then.

Your remark that the FJR is a K GT knockoff is pretty funny, since that FJR motor/platform was around way earlier than the K GT inline 4

Cheers
Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts