BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Undertook the 20,000 km service on my 2010 K1300S . I do the mech work myself on the bike .The valve check was spot on 010.on the intake valves and .014 on the Exhaust valves . the plugs were Perfect gap had not increased at all , only slight signs of detonation likely caused from coming off highway speeds into a town and leaving it in 6th gear and rolling back up to speed , Note to self downshift when slowing down thru towns . I will change the anti-freeze/Coolant as it was drained when the rad came out as well next is the diff lube and input shaft greasing , and to order the carbon fiber bits for the bike not to save weight but the love the look . I have been doing this over a number of days as I have to stop to get special tools etc because the bike is now on the center stand for winter . the mileage is 18,769km oil and filter and both air filters will be changed . I did not use K + N air filters as I feel from past experience they do allow better airflow but also after time allow more ultra fine dust to get past and i dont want to do rings before they wear out on there own .Been a fun project so far .

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
430 Posts
Good call on the K&N filters. Stock are just fine and in fact better than most anything. Valve check on a K1300S is due only at 30,000k intervals. You're a little early, no harm, bet that radiator needed a good cleaning.
Here is a list of BMW bikes and their service needs:

Reactions: Seeeu911

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call on the K&N filters. Stock are just fine and in fact better than most anything. Valve check on a K1300S is due only at 30,000k intervals. You're a little early, no harm, bet that radiator needed a good cleaning.
Here is a list of BMW bikes and their service needs:
Winter storage so what better time to check all things on the bike so I can ride it the whole season thanks for the link my BMW riders maneual says valve check every 12,000 miles or 20,000km cheers

·
Registered
2006 BMW k1200S
24 Posts
I prefer the stock filters also but I save big cash by ordering the Mahle filter from anyone other than a BMW dealer. Only difference is it does not come in a BMW box. Saves about $12-$15 per filter. You can get the Mahle number off one of your old filters. I am keeping my K&N's for when the grasshoppers are really thick and I have no time to wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts