BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am now the proud owner of a Blue/White K12S, I have noticed that the bike was not released until 2005, so how can I have a 2004 model, it was the dealers demonstrator, and he did say the bike had been back to Germany for a new engine, down to soft camshafts I expect!
Any comments on probems I can expect to see will be gratefully received, I want to iron out any problems before the warrenty runs out.

Also have any of you noticed exessive wear on the chassis next to your boot, the paintwork on mine seems to be wearing thin.

Cheers,

Dibbley

·
Registered
395 Posts
congrats and welcome!!! I would imagine they have sorted out the issues that came with those very early production bikes prior to selling it to you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
paint wear

dibbley said:
Hi,
have any of you noticed exessive wear on the chassis next to your boot, the paintwork on mine seems to be wearing thin.

Cheers,

Dibbley
Yep...especially if you ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs. I experienced wear on the frame member (maybe from the venting machine pants) and I get wear on both heal guards. I put some clear vinyl protector film on the frame, tank, etc for protection but the silver on the heal protectors continue to wear. Looks easy to paint and there is also a CF cover for them if you are interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts